“Fate of the Damned”
|Release Date||November 18, 2020|
|← 18.104.22.168||2.0.20 →|
Welcome to Sea of Thieves’ November update! While it’s a smaller update than usual with a focus on performance and quality of life fixes, there are still plenty of events to keep pirates’ eyes on the prizes for the next few weeks, and a wealth of new wonders in the Emporium. Read on to find out what’s new, what’s improved and what’s ongoing!
Fate of the Damned
All that waiting for each week’s new Fate of the Damned Voyages and Challenges to unlock has paid off – they’re all up for grabs now and available to embark upon until December 9th. Time to set sail and swipe any rewards you missed!
Fate of the Damned Challenges, Voyages and Rewards
- As the events of Fate of the Damned reach their culmination, all Challenges, Voyages and rewards are now available for all players to tackle. Talk to Larinna or visit the Fate of the Damned Event page.
- Remember you have until December 9th before these Challenges and Voyages are dragged back to the Sea of the Damned! For players eager to attain the Soulflame Set cosmetics, fear not – these will continue to be available from the Pirate Legend Hideout in the next Content Update.
Fate of the Damned Events
- As the seas continue to be bombarded by spectral threats, the month’s darkest Friday will coincide with a Gold & Glory Weekend! Earn double Gold and Reputation during the last weekend of November.
- Enjoying that Friday Fort Nights action? It’ll persist throughout this update, so on any Friday just head to an active Skeleton Fort or brave the dreaded Fort of the Damned, and storm those Vaults for boosted Stronghold rewards.
- For less aggressive pirates, the daily Stronghold Sharefest will also persist through this update. Three of your Stronghold loot items will earn you 5,000 if handed in by another Crew!
Whether you’re cooing over the Hunter’s Call Forager Pets, drooling over those Festival of Plenty items or chewing over the rumours of upcoming sales, there’s a lot going on in the Emporium this month!
Fightin’ Frogs Ship Collection
- Players who haven’t leapt into the recent revival of Battletoads can now purchase this ship set directly from the Emporium. Collector’s versions of the froggy Figurehead and Sails have also been crafted!
- A Fightin’ Frogs Ship Bundle is also on offer, including all the regular ship cosmetics at a discount.
- For Emporium customers with fewer Ancient Coins to spare who still want to represent their favourite frog trio, an Essential Bundle now offers just the Figurehead, Hull, Sails and Flag.
The Hunter’s Call Forager Pets
- Dressed for training by The Hunter’s Call in the ways of fishing and hunting, these new companions will help you look the part of someone who lives off the land as you catch some dinner for your crew! Choose from the whiskered Hunter’s Call Forager Monkey or the eagle-eyed Hunter’s Call Forager Parrot.
Big Barrel Emote Bundle
- Express your love for the trusty supply container with a set of four new barrel-themed Emotes... where did they get that from?
Varied Weapon Pose Emotes
- Show off your favorite Weapons to friend and foe alike with this Emote that changes depending on the weapons you’re carrying!
Bone Crusher Pet Outfits
Time-Limited Festival of Plenty Collection
- For a limited thyme, get into the hungry spirit of the Festival of Plenty with the return of these delightful Instruments, plus outfits for the Capuchin, Marmoset, Barbary, Cockatoo, Parakeet and Macaw.
Fightin’ Frog Flex Freebie Emote
- Flex your muscles to intimidate your enemies or impress your crew with this celebratory new Emote, available for free.
Splashtail Monarch – Now with Splash Dance!
- The Ruby Splashtail Monarch Costume now has an added surprise. When it’s equipped you’ll be able to perform a unique Emote: Splash Dance!
- You don’t need an eagle-eyed companion to know a special Friday is fast approaching. The Pirate Emporium now supports the ability to run time-limited sales and discounts not necessarily tied to the duration of a content update. Keep your eyes peeled!
Foraging Frenzy Pet Bundle (Store Only)
- Available only from the Xbox, Microsoft and Steam Stores, this bundle contains both Hunter’s Call Forager Pets along with 1000 Ancient Coins and a 25,000 gold bonus for use in the Outpost shops! Head to the Microsoft Store or Steam Item Store to find out more.
The Devil’s Roar Treasure Vaults
- Expanding the range of Voyages introduced in the Vaults of the Ancients update, the Gold Hoarders posted at Morrow’s Peak Outpost now offer a Treasure Vault Voyage that leads players through The Devil’s Roar.
- When performing an Emote, you should now consistently perform that action for any players observing you.
- Players performing Emotes off-screen then moving into visible range will no longer appear to be emoting while moving.
- Players are now consistently shown appropriate notifications when progressing through an Arena contest.
- Being killed by a crewmate with a Gunpowder Barrel will no longer allow players to collect the pink flame from the Well of Fates on the Ferry of the Damned.
- When placing items in the furthest right space of an Ancient Collector’s Chest, the item will no longer be destroyed when you try to pick up the chest.
- All sitting Emotes should now correctly trigger the Skeleton Throne Commendations.
- During ‘The Shroudbreaker’ Tall Tale, the Medallion icon in the pop-up notification will now correctly display the type of medallion picked up.
- The ‘Pick up’ prompt should now be localised in German and French if a player’s item inventory is full when they take something from another player.
- Descriptions for the Aristocrat Jacket, Corsair Sea Dog Pegleg and Crimson Corsair Sea Dog Pegleg have been updated.
Fate of the Damned
- Progressing through Larinna’s dialogue quickly should no longer offer Voyages for the incorrect week of the campaign.
- Reaper’s Chests will no longer have their beacons activated before being picked up while in the Fort of the Damned Vault.
- If another crew hands in Merrick’s boot while your crew is on Larinna’s Voyage entitled The Hunt for Hidden, Ancient Shadows of Fate, the Voyage should now fail.
- Equipping a Mysterious Note will now have equip and unequip audio effects.
- Jumping while holding a Mysterious Note will now have appropriate audio effects.
- Switching tabs quickly in the Pirate Emporium will no longer cause the layout of the next page to change, pushing buttons out of position.
- On the bottom deck of the Sloop, players should now be able to shoot though the gap between the support beam and the barrel.
- Players should no longer be able to get on top of the Pet Chest and appear on the outside of the ship while on a Galleon.
- Jumping into the water by the bridge at The Reaper’s Hideout should no longer launch players into the air.
- Players should no longer get teleported into the air when walking into a wooden fence on Marauder’s Arch.
- Swimming near the shipwreck during the Maiden Voyage will no longer cause a player’s character to stutter.
- The skull and bone on the roof of the Dagger Tooth Outpost Tavern should now have the correct collision.
Visual and Audio
- The Gold Hoarders Figurehead and Wailing Barnacle Figurehead now use correct iconography in the Ship Customisation Chest.
- Treasure Maps identifying Devil’s Roar Islands should now be clearer and of a higher quality.
- The distance at which an exploding Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel can be heard has been reduced.
- Starting a Custom Server session with large numbers of players should now consistently carry all players and crews from the lobby into the game.
- When creating a Custom Server session on console, the host can now invite Steam players into the lobby without them needing to be on the host’s friends list.
Performance and Stability
- Further improvements to server performance reducing latency, lag spikes, ‘rubberbanding’ and server correction during gameplay.
- Further improvements and optimisations to client performance.
- Optimised a range of islands across The Ancient Isles to improve client performance.
- Optimised a range of islands across The Shores of Plenty to improve client performance.
Players Impacted Following Server Migration
- We are currently tracking a number of player-impacting issues which can occur following a server migration. Crews who migrate servers while a Voyage vote is in progress may become unable to complete that vote and prevented from starting future Voyages.
- Other issues include crews migrating near Outposts finding themselves moved to a location where another ship is already present, and issues with ship interaction points following a migration.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While improvements continue to be delivered during our content updates, this continues to be a key priority for the team.
Stuck UI Menus
- When interacting with a barrel and moving quickly through its inventory, players may find that the barrel’s state is not updated as items are removed. Players can also experience Game Options becoming stuck on-screen when exiting a barrel in this state.
- To learn more about known issues in Sea of Thieves currently being tracked and their status, head over to our Known Issues support site article.
Download and Installation
Xbox Series X: 6.22 GB Xbox Series S: 5.1 GB Xbox One: 5.1 GB Xbox One X: 6.22 GB Windows 10: 5.87 GB Steam: 3.6 GB