|Release Date||January 28, 2021|
|← 2.0.21||2.0.22 →|
With Season One well underway, the team have been working on additional fixes based on feedback from the community. We’re introducing those in today’s release, update 22.214.171.124.
Fixed Issues[edit | edit source]
- Changes have been made to Seasons systems under peak player usage to improve the frequency and speed of notifications when performing Renown actions, progressing through Deeds and completing Trials.
- Improvements made to Seasons systems to reduce the frequency of players encountering “Season Data is Temporarily Unavailable” messaging when navigating the Season One Menu in the Pirate Log.
- Players should no longer experience their Seasonal progress reverting to a previous level. Any players still affected by this should contact our Support team.
Lost Shipments Voyages
- After following the clues and reaching the location of the final wreck, it should no longer be possible to find the ship stuck within sea rocks.
- On extended Voyages, players should now consistently find Merchant cargo in the Captain’s cabin once unlocked.
- As a result of feedback, the Kneel and Bow Emote has been removed from the Lunar Festival Costume. Players who purchased the costume will receive 150 Ancient Coins as compensation which will be added to their accounts in the coming week.
- The Merchant Pathfinder Sail and Golden Gatherer Merchant Sail will now be available for 49,000 gold rather than 49,000 Doubloons. Players who purchased the sails at the incorrect price will be compensated.
Burning Blade Encounter
- Ghost Ships engaged during the encounter should now take the correct damage when fired upon.
- Crews attacked by Ghost Ships should now consistently see cannons fire from the correct location on the enemy ship.
Visual and Audio
- Chickens on the game’s front end should now be heard clucking at the appropriate times.
Performance and Stability
- Improvements made to client memory usage when browsing the Season One Menu in the Pirate Log.
- Improvements made to server stability, reducing disconnections during gameplay.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Lost Shipments Shipwrecks
- While improvements have been released in 126.96.36.199, crews on a Lost Shipments Voyage may still be unable to locate and access the final shipwreck if it has been located close to an island.
Lost Shipments Clues
- While improvements have been released in 188.8.131.52, crews on a Lost Shipments Voyage may still find that clues obtained can appear blank. While the team continue to investigate this issue, exiting the game by closing the application and rejoining your previous session should refresh the clue.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While improvements continue to be delivered during our content updates, this remains a key priority for the team.
Players Impacted Following Server Migration
- We are currently tracking a number of player-impacting issues which can occur following a server migration. These include crews migrating near Outposts finding themselves moved to a location where another ship is already present, and issues with ship interaction points following a migration.
Stuck UI Menus
- When interacting with a barrel and moving quickly through its inventory, players may find that the barrel’s state is not updated as items are removed. Players can also find the Game Options become stuck on-screen when exiting a barrel in this state.
- To learn more about known issues in Sea of Thieves currently being tracked and their status, head over to our Known Issues support site article.
Download and Installation[edit | edit source]
- Xbox Series X: 3.8 GB
- Xbox Series S: 2.22 GB
- Xbox One X: 3.8 GB
- Xbox One: 2.22 GB
- Windows 10: 3.64 GB
- Steam: 2.25 GB