|Release Date||February 18, 2021|
|← 220.127.116.11||2.0.23 →|
Season One continues with Renown and rewards to earn, Trials to tackle and a brand new Event focusing on the art of angling! See January’s release notes and the trailer below for an overview of Season One’s structure, then scroll down to find out what’s being added to the experience in February...
In addition to the new Event we have another haul of Pirate Emporium treasures and assorted quality of life fixes to offer, so read on for the traditional bullet-pointed breakdown as Season One’s second month gets underway!
Game Events[edit | edit source]
For those seeking something a little more focused than the intentionally wide-ranging Trials, each month of a Season brings a fresh time-limited Event offering its own rewards. Find out about this update’s new arrival alongside some of your favourite recurring Events!
- The Hunter’s Call have persuaded Larinna to help them organise their own festival! From February 25th, grab your bait and head to the in-game Events menu or the Events Hub on the Sea of Thieves website to find out more.
- Fresh Voyages will be available each week, taking players into different regions to engage with members of The Hunter’s Call and fine-tune their fishing techniques. Check your Mysterious Note to find out the current week’s location and head to Larinna to grab a Voyage.
- There will also be weekly Festival of Fishing challenges available in the Events menu. Complete these challenges to earn themed rewards such as the Frosbite, Gold Hoarder, Order of Souls and Merchant Alliance Fishing Rods and brand new player Titles.
- When the Event is over, the themed fishing rod rewards will still be obtainable from Outpost stores after completing certain Commendations.
- Continue to unlock even more cosmetics throughout Season One with Twitch Drops! Tune in to Partnered streamers to earn items from the Gilded Phoenix set along with bonus emotes. Find out how to link your accounts and more on our dedicated Twitch Drops page.
- Enjoying that Friday Fort action? These regular Fort Nights will persist through the month, so head to an active Skeleton Fort or brave the dreaded Fort of the Damned and storm the Vaults for boosted Stronghold rewards.
Pirate Emporium[edit | edit source]
The latest Emporium restock sees the Rogue Tinkerer collection (Ship Set, Costumes and Weapons) sharing shelf space with the Sails of Hope, sold for a very worthy cause. Plenty more to browse too, while the Plunder Pass stays in play for enriching your Seasonal rewards!
Season One Plunder Pass
- Unlock 11 more rewards that can be claimed while climbing the levels of Seasonal progression – a mixture of existing Pirate Emporium items and early access to upcoming Emporium stock! The Plunder Pass can be purchased at any time during Season One from the Pirate Log, Pirate Emporium, Microsoft Store or Steam Item Store.
Rogue Tinkerer Ship Collection
- Give your ship a mechanical makeover with this Rogue Tinkerer Ship Collection, complete with a Rogue Tinkerer Collector’s Figurehead and Sails – plus Cannon Flare!
- The Rogue Tinkerer Ship Essential Bundle is also on offer, including just the core ship cosmetics at a lower price.
- Reforged, reworked and remade, these four handmade weapons are built to last!
- Live that Tinkerer life with this set of four costumes. Purchase the set to access the Captain costume and three Crew Costumes that your friends are free to wear whenever they’re in your crew.
- Need a new pet to lift your spirits? Dark magic has been summoned to give life to this cursed but cute kitty!
- Show how much you love being a pirate with this bundle containing the Reaper’s Heart Bucket, Spyglass, Shovel and Fishing Rod.
Sea Dog Pet Outfits
- Dress your favourite pooch or moggy in these dashing Sea Dog Outfits!
- Express your affection at this romantic time of year with these four flirty emotes.
Freebie Point and Laugh Emote
- Laugh at your friends’ blunders (but not their blunderbusses) with this free Point and Laugh Emote.
- The Emporium’s Charity tab has returned, offering items for purchase in your local currency to support a great cause. Buy the Sails of Hope (see trailer here) from the Emporium and Microsoft will donate 80% of the proceeds from each sale made via the Steam version of the game, and 100% of the proceeds of each sale made via non-Steam versions of the game, to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity (www.gosh.org). Visit www.seaofthieves.com/charities for terms and conditions.
Whiskers & Weapons Bundle (Store Only)
- Available only from the Xbox, Microsoft and Steam Stores, this bundle contains the Reaper’s Heart Cat and Rogue Tinkerer Weapons along with 1000 Ancient Coins and a 25,000 gold bonus for use in the Outpost shops! Head to the Microsoft Store or Steam Item Store to find out more.
Outpost Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
- Pirate Legends can now purchase the Dark Adventurers Ship Set from the shipwright in the Pirate Legend Hideout.
- The Outpost shipwrights, along with the clothing, equipment and weapon shops, now offer the Sunshine Parrot Set for purchase. Players must obtain the Legends of the Sea II Commendation to unlock access to this set.
- The Outpost clothing shops now stock the Renegade Sea Dog Clothing Set, available to purchase for gold.
Legacy Event Cosmetics
- Previous rewards from the Champions of Souls Event have now been added to the Outpost shops.
- The Order of Souls Weapons can now be found in their respective stores, locked behind Commendations.
Updates[edit | edit source]
- Sea of Thieves now supports Japanese localisation across the entire game.
Steam Friends Support
- When playing Sea of Thieves on Steam, using the Invite Friends menu will now allow you to invite players to your crew, not only from your Xbox Friends List but also from your Steam Friends List.
- When inviting a Steam friend to join you, they will receive a notification through Steam which can be accessed from the fame overlay or Steam Friend Chat.
- When a Steam friend is playing Sea of Thieves, use the ‘Join Game’ option from the Steam Friends List to join their crew directly.
- Discovering washed-up treasure will now award Renown to the crew when picked up.
- Discovering a washed-up Collector’s Chest will now award Renown for the chest and any items inside.
- When taking a Collector’s Chest containing treasure back to your ship, Renown will now be earned for the chest and any items inside.
- Lost Shipments Voyages gained at higher Merchant Alliance Ranks will now reward crews with less loot items to collect, but each item will be more valuable!
- Washed-up Merchant cargo should now spawn closer to the clue-giving NPCs.
Pirate Emporium Pet Bundles
- Pet discount bundles in the Pirate Emporium now allow the individual items to be purchased directly without requiring you to navigate back to the Pets menu.
Headphone Audio Experience
- When using headphones, the Audio Settings menu now allows the audio output to be switched to Headphones. This mode provides headphone users with a wider aural experience and ensures directional audio sounds from the correct location.
Accessibility[edit | edit source]
Mono Audio Support
- The Accessibility Settings menu now allows the audio output to be switched to Mono, helping players who may be hard of hearing to receive the full audio experience.
Fixed Issues[edit | edit source]
- Exploding a Gunpowder Barrel on the crow’s nest should now damage the mast.
- Being revived just before you are about to die should no longer cause UI notifications to become disabled.
- When a large group of players perform emotes together, emote animations should now display correctly.
- The prices should now be correct for Silent Barnacle Weapons and Equipment.
- Icons for most ship flags have been updated.
- When reaching level 100 in Season One, the “Season Ended” text in the Season Progress panel should now reflect that the player has completed the Season.
- Tall Tale quest items no longer reward Renown when being returned to the ship.
Lost Shipments Voyages
- When you receive a clue, there should no longer be a chance of the parchment appearing blank.
- Merchant Shipwrecks should now be carried across during server migration.
- Players should now consistently receive a clue when picking up an island clue after migration.
- Sea clues should now keep the same grid square after server migration.
- Following server migration, the banners shown when approaching the wreck should no longer be blank.
- The Merchant shop should now always have a Lost Shipments Voyage in stock at applicable levels.
- The Captain and the Cargo Manifest should always be present in a Lost Shipments shipwreck.
- Harpooning the floating debris found on the Voyage should no longer cause the harpoon line to bend.
- Text on the trade route map should now be correctly localised to the player’s language.
- The Frozen Horizon Essential Bundle now has the correct description.
- The Collector’s Silver Skull Sails have been renamed to Silver Skull Sails.
- The Lunar Festival Costume description has been updated.
- Players should no longer be able to use key bindings to bypass communication restrictions in The Arena.
- The waterfall inside the cave on Devil’s Ridge should no longer be heard outside through the rocks.
- There should no longer be a light behind the Gold Hoarders’ tent without a light source.
- Players should no longer be able to fall through the environment on the north-east side of the Fort of the Damned.
Visual and Audio
- Ancient Vault sound effects will now have reverb inside the vault.
- Throwing a Blunderbomb in an enclosed space should now have appropriate reverb.
- Improved localisation for a range of character dialogue.
- After unlocking rewards in Seasons, the notifications displayed should now have the correct translations into non-English languages.
- The correct localisation should be present in the Season One Plunder Pass window in non-English languages.
Performance and Stability
- Camera movement is now smoother when using a mouse on Xbox Series S consoles.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While improvements continue to be delivered during our content updates, this remains a key priority for the team.
Players Impacted Following Server Migration
- We are currently tracking several player-impacting issues which can occur following a server migration. These include crews migrating near Outposts finding themselves moved to a location where another ship is already present, and issues with ship interaction points following a migration.
Stuck UI Menus
- When interacting with a barrel and moving quickly through its inventory, players may find that the barrel’s state is not updated as items are removed. Players can also experience Game Options becoming stuck on-screen when exiting a barrel in this state.
- To learn more about known issues in Sea of Thieves currently being tracked and their status, head over to our Known Issues support site article.
Download and Installation[edit | edit source]
- Xbox Series X: 6.64 GB
- Xbox Series S: 4.61 GB
- Xbox One X: 6.64 GB
- Xbox One: 4.61 GB
- Windows 10: 6.51 GB
- Steam: 4.79 GB