|Release Date||March 18, 2021|
|← 2.0.22||2.1.0 →|
As pirates continue to forge a path through Season One, our latest update brings a new Event for those who love to seek adventure and treasure in equal measure! See January’s original Season One release notes and the trailer below for an overview of Season One’s structure, then scroll down to find out what’s being added to the experience in March...
In addition to the new Event we have another haul of Pirate Emporium treasures and assorted quality of life fixes to offer, so read on for the traditional bullet-pointed breakdown as Season One’s third and final month gets underway!
Game Events[edit | edit source]
For those seeking something a little more focused than the intentionally wide-ranging Trials, each Sea of Thieves Season brings fresh time-limited Events offering their own rewards. Find out about this month’s new arrival alongside some of your favourite recurring Events!
- The Gold Hoarders’ Treasure Vaults are being ransacked and the Hoarders seek the support of Larinna, who recruits worthy pirates to help recover the most valuable loot. From March 25th, rally your crew and head to the in-game Events menu or the Events Hub on the Sea of Thieves website to find out more.
- Players will be able to cash in treasures, succeed on Voyages and complete other special actions to increase their Favour with the Gold Hoarders, eventually unlocking the Gold Hoarders Cutlass, Pistol, Blunderbuss and Eye of Reach along with a glittering new player Title.
- For pirates who’ve yet to reach Gold Hoarders rank 25 and claim Treasure Vault Voyages directly, Larinna has been given permission to offer a Voyage seeking the key to the mysterious Vault on Devil’s Ridge.
When this Event is over, the themed Gold Hoarders rewards will still be obtainable from Outpost stores after completing certain Commendations.
- Continue to unlock even more cosmetics throughout Season One with Twitch Drops! Tune in to Partnered streamers to earn items from the Gilded Phoenix set along with bonus emotes. Find out how to link your accounts and more on our dedicated Twitch Drops page.
Pirate Emporium[edit | edit source]
The latest Emporium restock adds the Sea of Sands collection alongside the Reaper’s Mark Sails, back to celebrate our anniversary. There are Gold Curse pets, nutty emotes and plenty more to browse too, while the Plunder Pass stays in play for enriching Seasonal rewards!
Season One Plunder Pass
- Anyone wishing to take full advantage of Season One rewards can still buy the Plunder Pass from the Pirate Emporium. Any rewards unlocked will become available upon purchase, so players who have raised their Renown throughout Season One can instantly see their hard work rewarded before the Season ends.
- The Plunder Pass contains a mixture of existing Pirate Emporium items and early access to upcoming Emporium stock, and can be purchased at any time from the Pirate Log, Pirate Emporium, Microsoft Store or Steam Item Store.
Sea of Sands Ship Collection
- Add a little magic to your ship with the new Sea of Sands collection, complete with a gem-encrusted Collector’s Figurehead and luminous Collector’s Sails!
- A Sea of Sands Essential Ship Bundle is also on offer, including just the core ship cosmetics at a lower price.
- Take to the seas with your finest selection of weaponry for the world to see. Your enemies will be awestruck by the sparkling gems as you cheerfully cut them down.
- Spruce up your scruffy pirates with this set of four costumes. Purchase the set to access the Captain Costume and three Crew Costumes that your friends are free to wear whenever they’re in your crew.
- To celebrate our third anniversary, the beloved Reaper’s Mark Sails return to the Emporium for a limited time!
- These pets were transformed into living treasures by touching, pecking or licking cursed gold.
Showboater Weapon Pose Emotes
- Show off your weapon skills with these flamboyant poses! Your currently equipped weapon will determine which pose you strike.
Secret Coconut Emotes
- It’s that time of year where we traditionally hunt for eggs... well, coconuts if you’re on the Sea of Thieves. Gather them in your bucket or even paint one with a handsome high seas design.
Freebie ROFL Emote
- Have a good time with your crewmates and roll on the floor laughing. Literally.
- With Sea of Thieves’ third anniversary upon us, expect giant discounts on popular pets, ship sets and emotes from March 18th-22nd!
Sea of Sands Sailor Bundle (Store Only)
- Available only from the Xbox, Microsoft and Steam Stores, this bundle contains the Sea of Sands Crew Set (including all four costumes) and Sea of Sands weapons, along with 550 Ancient Coins and a 25,000 gold bonus for use in the Outpost shops! Head to the Microsoft Store or Steam Item Store to find out more.
Outpost Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
- Pirate Legends can now purchase Dark Adventurers clothing and vanity items from the Pirate Legend Hideout.
- The Outpost shipwrights, along with the clothing, equipment and weapon shops, now offer the Venomous Kraken Set for purchase. Players must obtain the Legendary Kraken Hunter Commendation to unlock access to this set.
- The Outpost clothing shops now stock the Distinguished Admiral clothing set, available to purchase for gold.
Legacy Event Cosmetics
- Rewards from the Festival of Fishing Event have now been added to the Outpost shops. The Merchant Alliance, Gold Hoarders, Order of Souls and Frostbite Fishing Rods can now be found in their respective stores, locked behind Commendations.
Updates[edit | edit source]
Loot Haul Memory Improvements
- When collecting notable hauls of different loot in a single place, the game will now optimise performance more quickly by changing the appearance of certain loot items. Items will return to their standard visuals when optimisation allows.
Fixed Issues[edit | edit source]
- Players below deck should now correctly see water rising after the ship is damaged, along with the sea outside their ship.
- After reading all Mysterious Notes, players should no longer see the extended wakeup sequence when arriving at the Tavern.
- Picking up items for the first time as an Emissary should now grant Emissary Grade progression.
- Emissary Flags should no longer float away if hit by a moving ship.
- The Dark Adventurers Blunderbuss has an improved iron sight to aid with aiming down sights.
- Crew status nameplates should accurately show when a player is taking damage from other players or skeletons.
- The player’s left hand should no longer intersect with the Rogue Tinkerer Capstan.
- The ‘Lower Anchor’ tooltip on the Dark Adventurers Capstan should now appear in the correct location.
- The Point and Laugh Emote should no longer be missing from the Assorted Emote Collection in the Pirate Emporium.
- Players using the Reaper’s Heart Fishing Rod should now animate correctly.
- The Cutthroat Flag icon has been updated.
- Improved localisation for a range of character dialogue, Mysterious Notes and items in the Pirate Emporium.
- Order of Souls Bounty Quests will now display the correct Bounty target names in the player’s local language.
- The Seasons Menu should now correctly display localised text in non-English languages.
- The prompt for receiving Mysterious Notes should now be localised in non-English languages.
- There should no longer be any overlapping text on Mysterious Notes in Korean.
- Keyboard and settings menus are now correctly localised.
- The Arena Leaderboard summary should now better support Japanese and Chinese languages.
- Front end button descriptions should now support a range of non-English languages.
- Starting another Merchant Alliance Lost Shipments Voyage on the same route should no longer prevent players locating the shipwreck.
- There should always be a Captain and a Manifest in the Lost Shipments shipwrecks.
- Sea clues should no longer disappear after migrating server while on a Lost Shipments Voyage.
- The Merchant Alliance shop should now always have a Lost Shipment Voyage in stock at applicable levels.
- Discovering a Lost Shipments shipwreck will now create an icon on the route map you receive, similar to discovering clues.
- Players should no longer be able to bypass areas of the Shores of Gold trap runs by moving through unintended areas of the environment.
- Mechanisms controlled by pulleys should no longer snap unexpectedly or exhibit strange behaviour when used.
Visual and Audio
- Footstep audio should now play correctly when walking on rocks on Thieves’ Haven.
- Resetting options to default now also resets the ‘Set Audio Output to Mono’ option.
- Mysterious Notes should now correctly fit the screen even if FOV is set lower than 85.
- The Legendary Curse will now correctly fade when using an emote to get close to the player.
- The Shroudbreaker Makeup has been improved.
- The prompt window for accepting an invitation should now have screen narration when ‘Let Games Read to Me’ is enabled.
- The ‘DeMarco’ Arena warning pop-up narration and the ‘Rejoin your previous session’ pop-up narration should no longer be interrupted on start-up.
- When changing options in the ‘Other Crew’ settings menu, options will now remain selected.
- With a keyboard, mouse and controller plugged in, signing out should no longer prevent the player from navigating the front end.
Performance and Stability
- Further improvements made to server performance, reducing latency during gameplay.
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While improvements continue to be delivered during our content updates, this remains a key priority for the team.
To learn more about known issues in Sea of Thieves currently being tracked and their status, head over to our Known Issues support site article.
Download and Installation[edit | edit source]
- Xbox Series X: 5.3 GB
- Xbox Series S: 3.27 GB
- Xbox One X: 5.3 GB
- Xbox One: 3.27 GB
- Windows 10: 5.22 GB
- Steam: 3.58 GB