|Release Date||July 13, 2021|
As Season Three progresses, the team have been working on additional fixes based on feedback from the community. We’re introducing these fixes in today’s release, update 18.104.22.168.
For a refresher on all the new features that arrived in Season Three, check out the full-length release notes!
Sea of Thieves: A Pirate's Life
As a result of feedback from the community, this release makes some improvements to the ‘Captains of the Damned’ Tall Tale to enhance comprehension and provide a smoother journey for crews early in the experience.
‘Captains of the Damned’ – The Whispering Bayou Improvements
- Upon entering the Bayou, a newly extended straight area has been added with the aim of encouraging players to feel safe while sailing their ship through the entire length of the Bayou.
- Some rocks have been added to the outcrop at the end of the first T-junction to encourage players to stay on their ship while sailing through the Bayou.
- Crews uncovering a Rowboat in the Bayou will no longer be able to use the Rowboat to leave the area and reach the next location.
- When the ghostly barrier dissipates, Jack’s Compass will direct players back to their ship, encouraging players to use it to sail to the next location.
- A fully unloaded weapon will no longer instantly reload when collecting ammo from an Ammo Chest.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – When navigating through Dead Man’s Grotto, swimming into the deep water should no longer result in players having visibility through solid surfaces.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – Within Dead Man’s Grotto, climbing down the smugglers’ dock ladder will now drop players into the water below.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – Players can no longer walk into and through chests nestled around Dead Man’s Grotto.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – Players should no longer be safe teleported when navigating over rocks within Sailor’s Grave.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – Upon reaching Sailor’s Grave, players should no longer be able to get across the lowered bridge or under the ravine to access the mysterious wreck before it is opened.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – While exploring Sailor’s Grave, players should no longer be able to navigate around the rocks to access the treasure-laden ship before it is opened.
- ‘A Pirate’s Life’ – Upon locating the Cursed Captain’s Ship, players should no longer be able to make their way up the rocks to access the ship before it has been opened.
- ‘The Sunken Pearl’ – Crews ascending the Shrine should no longer be able to lower the water level, leaving them unable to proceed.
- ‘Captains of the Damned’ – The textures underneath the hut within the Bayou will now show the correct material.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – Water reflections and ripples in deep water will now appear correctly when swimming through the Coral Fortress.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – While progressing through the tunnel to the shipwrecked room, players will no longer slip into the wall.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – After the final battle, players will no longer be able to access areas within the room intended to be unreachable.
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – Ghost Ships appearing and disappearing through portals will now have audio effects.
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – Defeating an enemy Ghost Ship will now play an audio effect.
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – During the encounter with the Flying Dutchman, appropriate audio effects will now be heard when performing the anchor drop.
Tunnels of the Damned – Rejoining a Session
- While travelling through the Tunnels of the Damned, rejoining the game after a lost connection may result in visual issues and failed migration to the new area, returning players to their starting location.
New Tall Tale Commendations – Tale Visibility
- Players are able to browse Commendations for ‘The Sunken Pearl’ and ‘Dark Brethren’ Tall Tales before they have completed the preceding Tale. To prevent the experience from being spoiled, avoid reading ahead!
Plunder Pass Reward Unlocking Issue
- Players who have purchased the Season Three Plunder Pass may find that rewards are not immediately unlocked when the appropriate level of Seasonal progression is reached. Logging out and back in should resolve this and cause the unlocked item to appear in the relevant chest.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While improvements continue to be delivered during our content updates, this remains a key priority for the team.
To learn more about known issues in Sea of Thieves currently being tracked and their status, head over to our Known Issues support site article.
Download and Installation
- Xbox Series X: 3.43 GB
- Xbox Series S: 2.3 GB
- Xbox One X: 3.43 GB
- Xbox One: 2.3 GB
- Windows 10: 2.92 GB
- Steam: 2.08 GB