|Release Date||August 25, 2021|
As Season Three progresses, the team have been working on additional fixes based on feedback from the community. We’re introducing these fixes in today’s release, update 188.8.131.52.
For a refresher on all the new features that arrived in Season Three, check out the full-length release notes – or get the lowdown on our most recent update from August!
Replace Gamertags Keybind
- The option to keybind ‘Toggle Replace Gamertags’ for quick use has now been disabled.
Performance and Stability
- When using Alt+Tab to change focus between windows while playing on Steam, there should no longer be an extended freeze when leaving and returning to the game window.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – Upon approaching the Coral Fortress, players should now more consistently hear Captain Jack Sparrow’s voice as he is speaking.
- ‘Dark Brethren’ – Upon uncovering the mysterious meeting, players should now more consistently hear the characters’ voices as they are speaking.
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – While progressing through the Tall Tale, players should now more consistently hear Jack Sparrow speaking as he reacts to events within the story.
- ‘Lords of the Sea’ – Upon defeating Siren Statues, players should now be able to hear Davy Jones’ voice as he speaks to crews.
- The imagery used in the Cursed Ferryman Essential Ship Bundle now correctly displays the Cursed Ferryman Sails that will be received on purchase.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While small improvements continue to be delivered during our regular updates, we are continuing to investigate and identify further improvements to improve the player combat experience.
Tunnels of the Damned – Rejoining a Session
- While travelling through the Tunnels of the Damned, rejoining the game after a lost connection may result in visual issues and failed migration to the new area, returning players to their starting location.
To learn more about known issues in Sea of Thieves currently being tracked and their status, head over to our Known Issues support site article.
Download and Installation
- Xbox Series X: 3.89 GB
- Xbox Series S: 2.57 GB
- Xbox One X: 3.89 GB
- Xbox One: 2.57 GB
- Windows 10: 4.13 GB
- Steam: 3.29 GB