|Release Date||September 29, 2021|
|← 2.3.0||2.3.1 →|
With Season Four underway, the team have been working on additional fixes based on feedback from the community. We’re introducing these fixes in today’s release, update 184.108.40.206.
For a refresher on all the new features that arrived in Season Four, check out the full-length release notes!
The Sunken Kingdom
- Players storing treasure in a Sunken Merfolk Statue should no longer find that the Statue displays no contents.
- Crews simultaneously storing treasure in Sunken Merfolk Statues across different Siren Shrines should no longer find that each Statue displays no contents.
- Selling a Breath of the Sea to any Trading Company representative will now correctly increment the Seeker of the Sea Commendation.
- Players are no longer able to gain additional Emissary Grade progression when retrieving Coral Collector's Chests from a Sunken Merfolk Statue.
- The Shrine of the Coral Tomb no longer has a hole in the roof allowing players to swim into the environment.
Performance and Stability
- Reduced the frequency of players experiencing a Bluebear error when loading the game.
- Improved server stability, reducing scenarios where crews are removed from a game session.
Unable to Bail Water after Server Migration
- Players are experiencing issues bailing water with a bucket after migrating across servers. This issue can be mitigated by changing the bucket cosmetic or returning from the Ferry of the Damned if affected after migration.
Legend of the Sunken Kingdom Voyage
- Players are temporarily prevented from using Sunken Merfolk Statues to store quest items such as chests and keys received while on the Legend of the Sunken Kingdom Voyage. Crews are encouraged to keep the Forbidden Coral Chest with them while venturing below the waves and using the keys as soon as they are uncovered to reduce the number of items needing to be carried.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While small improvements continue to be delivered during our regular updates, we are continuing to investigate and identify further improvements to improve the player combat experience.
To learn more about known issues in Sea of Thieves currently being tracked and their status, head over to our Known Issues support site article.
Download and Installation
- Xbox Series X: 4.4 GB
- Xbox Series S: 2.8 GB
- Xbox One X: 4.4 GB
- Xbox One: 2.8 GB
- Windows 10: 4.02 GB
- Steam: 3.79 GB