|Release Date||May 26, 2022|
|← 2.5.2||2.5.3 →|
As Season Six continues, the team have been working on the next time-limited Adventure along with additional fixes based on feedback from the community. We're introducing more of this content to the game in today's release, update 22.214.171.124.
For more information on the last batch of improvements and May's Pirate Emporium offerings, see the previous release notes. For a refresher on all the new content that arrived back at the start of Season Six, check out the launch release notes!
The seas have settled following the successful recovery of the Veil of the Ancients. However, Golden Sands Outpost remains on the verge of being lost forever as our Adventures continue. It will take everyone working together to save it... if that's what they choose to do!
‘Lost Sands’ (May 26th – June 9th)
- Merrick has returned to Golden Sands to lead the rebuilding effort, recruiting its former inhabitants along with any other pirates willing to help. Meanwhile, sinister figures have been spotted lurking in the shadows of the Outpost's surrounding islands…
- Speak to Larinna to begin this Adventure and join in the global community effort, as the fate of Golden Sands Outpost is left in players' hands! Will you follow the Hunter's Path or the Servant's Path? Are you team #SaveGoldenSands or #RuinGoldenSands?
- Choose to either help Merrick track down precious supplies to restore Golden Sands to its former Outpost glory, or side with the Servant of the Flame and use Relic Caches to keep this once thriving island enshrouded by the fog.
- Even when not directly taking part in the Adventure, players can tip the balance by delivering useful supplies to Merrick or diverting them to the Servant of the Flame. All viable actions can influence the outcome until the Adventure ends on June 9th.
- Separate cosmetic rewards are available for completing the Hunter's Path and the Servant's Path, serving as Mementos of the time players helped decide the fate of Golden Sands. An exclusive Title can also be earned for completing all Deeds in this Adventure.
- During this Adventure, pirates can discover Soulflame Rowboats emergently across the seas, crafted by The Reaper's Bones for the purposes of causing mayhem.
- Soulflame Rowboats come with a reinforced explosive keg strapped to the rear, allowing pirates to light the fuse before reaching their target and detonating. The keg is resistant to small arms fire, but repeated attacks will eventually cause it to explode.
- Improved the experience when bailing a full bucket of water, reducing scenarios where water would still be left in the bucket after bailing.
- Players lighting the Flames of Fate and placing a Ritual Skull within the Fort of the Damned will now consistently begin the encounter.
- Players should now encounter a more consistent rotation of World Events across the seas.
- While wearing the Lionfish Costume, attempting to perform the emote from the radial menu will now display the correct iconography.
Performance and Stability
- Optimised retrieval of player models for players joining a server to improve server performance and reduce black screen load times.
Reduced Server Performance
- Players may experience scenarios where they encounter ping spikes at random while playing, resulting in rubberbanding or client stutters. While improvements have been released in update 126.96.36.199, the team continue to work on further improvements for future updates.
Steam Achievement Unlocking Issues
- Some Steam players may find that after an achievement is unlocked in the game, it is not unlocked within Steam.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While small improvements continue to be delivered during our regular updates, we are continuing to investigate and identify further improvements to the player combat experience.
To learn more about known issues in Sea of Thieves currently being tracked and their status, head over to our Known Issues support site article.
Download and Installation
- Xbox Series X: 5.73 GB
- Xbox Series S: 3.64 GB
- Xbox One X: 5.73 GB
- Xbox One: 3.64 GB
- Microsoft Store: 5.6 GB
- Steam: 5.26 GB