Ashen Captain's Chest
|Ashen Captain's Chest|
|Sell to||Hoarders or |
The Servant of the Flame
|Base Gold Reward||1,100-2,100|
The Ashen Captain's Chest is a type of Ashen Treasure Chest in Sea of Thieves. Treasure Chests are locked with locks that can only be opened by Skeleton Keys held by Gold Hoarders on every Outpost. They are willing to buy these Chests for a fraction of their worth. Ashen Chests are Devil's Roar versions of regular Treasure Chests, fetching a higher Gold and Reputation reward than their common counterparts.
Where to Find[edit | edit source]
Ashen Captain's Chests can be found from the following sources:
- Chance to dig up from X Marks the Spot Maps received from Ashen Treasure Maps Quests or Devil's Roar Voyages
- Chance to find hidden on The Devil's Roar Islands, excluding Outposts, Seaposts and Forts
- Chance to find beached above or below the shorelines of Devil's Roar Islands, excluding Outposts, Seaposts and Forts
- Chance to find inside sunken Shipwrecks on the seas
- Chance to find among Barrels of Plenty floating on the open Seas
- Chance to find on Skeleton Ships
- Chance to find inside completed Skeleton Fort Vaults (higher chance in Molten Sands Fortress)
- Possible reward for defeating a Kraken tentacle
- Possible reward for defeating a Megalodon
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Ashen Captain's Chests can be sold to:
- Hoarders stationed at Gold Hoarders tents on Outposts for Gold and Gold Hoarders Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Gold Hoarders Emissary)
- The Servant of the Flame at The Reaper’s Hideout for Gold and Reaper's Bones Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Reaper's Bones Emissary)
The following is the reward chart for sold Ashen Captain's Chests:
|Emissary Grade||Gold (Min.)||Gold (Max.)||Emissary Value|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up and placing Treasure Chests on a Ship for the first time gives Emissary Grade Reputation to Trading Company Emissaries representing the Gold Hoarders or Reaper's Bones.
- Ashen Treasure Chests do not have Shipwrecked versions.
- All Treasure Chests emit a White Glint from a distance.
- Treasure Chests can be caught with a Harpoon.
- Ashen Chests have a small chance to appear on Islands outside The Devil's Roar Region.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the Reaper's Bones set up shop at The Reaper’s Hideout, Ashen Captain's Chests could be sold for double Gold to the Masked Stranger on the Island for a limited time.
Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Hoarder of the Captain's Gold → Sell 360 Captain's Chests to the Gold Hoarders
- Golden Tribute → Sell 600 Gold Hoarder Treasures while flying the Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag.
- Eminent Hoarder → Sell 320 Gold Hoarder Treasures while flying a Grade 5 Gold Hoarders Emissary Flag.
- Tributes Taken → Sell 480 Gold Hoarder Treasures to the Reaper's Bones
- Plundered Prizes → Sell 600 of any Trading Company items while flying the Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Fearless Reaper → Sell 320 of any Trading Company items while flying a Grade 5 Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Legendary Gold Hoarder → Sell 500 Chests as a Pirate Legend | Unlocks the Legendary Shovel and Legendary Compass for purchase
Pirate Chat[edit | edit source]
Here is the Pirate Chat Wheel of the Chest: