Where to find
Ballastballs have a low chance to appear in Barrels all over the world. Ballastballs can also be unloaded from Cannons that have been loaded with a Ballastball. Some Skeleton Ships use Ballastballs as a part of their arsenal.
Ballastballs are mainly used as ammunition for loading up and shooting with Cannons. A Ballastball needs to be loaded inside an empty Cannon before it can be used as ammunition. Once a Cannon is loaded, the player can manually aim the Cannon with
Directional keys and then Shoot the Ballastball with the
Primary Use key. As the fired Cannonball's firing trajectory and arc is influenced by the angle of the Cannon and the sailing speed of the Ship, hitting targets with Cannonballs requires some practice.
Ballastballs are used to Curse Ships or Skeleton Ships by forcing their Ships to sail lower in the water for a few seconds. This will cause any holes in the upper areas of the ship to take in water, making it easier to sink. Ballastballs are extremely effective against sinking Skeleton Ships as they have no way of bailing water and second deck holes are easier to create than lower deck holes. Note that Ballastballs do not do direct damage to a Ship or Enemies, therefore being useless against live targets.
- Up to 10 total Ballastballs can be held in a player's inventory at one time.
- A single Ballastball can be loaded into any Cannon, signified by a fuse appearing on front of the Cannon and purple coloured smoke appearing from its muzzle.
- Up to 100 Ballastballs can be stored in one storage space of a Barrel at a time. A single Ship's Cannonball Barrel can carry up to 3 pages worth (i.e. 4800) of Ballastballs.
- Up to 20 Ballastballs can be stored in one storage space of the Rowboat Chest. A single Rowboat's Chest can carry a maximum of 2 pages worth (i.e. 640) of Ballastballs.
Makes a ship briefly ride low in the water, so unpatched holes are especially dangerous. Ha!
- Description changed from "Make the enemy ship ride lower in the water. That'll learn 'em!" to "Makes a ship briefly ride low in the water, so unpatched holes are especially dangerous. Ha!".
- Now available for player use. Can be found in barrels and crates around the world.
- Introduced as a resource used exclusively by Skeleton Ships.