Where to find
Barrelballs have a low chance to appear in Barrels all over the world. They can also be unloaded from Cannons that have been loaded with a Barrelball. Some Skeleton Ships use Barrelballs as a part of their arsenal.
Barrelballs are mainly used as ammunition for loading up and shooting with Cannons. A Barrelball needs to be loaded inside an empty Cannon before it can be used as ammunition. Once a Cannon is loaded, the player can manually aim the Cannon with
Directional keys and then Shoot the Barrelball with the
Primary Use key. As the fired Cannonball's firing trajectory and arc is influenced by the angle of the Cannon and the sailing speed of the Ship, hitting targets with Cannonballs requires some practice.
Barrelballs are used to Curse Ships or Skeleton Ships by making their Supply Barrels inaccessible for a few seconds. The curse displays a cloud of purple smoke over all Ship's Barrels once hit. Despite this item's description, a Barrelball does not take away any Supplies from a Barrel. Note that Barrelballs do not do direct damage to a Ship or Enemies, therefore being useless against live targets. A Barrelball is extremely effective against Skeleton Ships as it prevents them from getting any Planks for a few seconds to repair their ship. Time a Barrelball with a barrage of regular Cannonball hits to easily take down a Skeleton Ship in a few seconds.
- Up to 10 total Barrelballs can be held in a player's inventory at one time.
- A single Barrelball can be loaded into any Cannon, signified by a fuse appearing on front of the Cannon and purple coloured smoke appearing from its muzzle.
- Up to 100 Barrelballs can be stored in one storage space of a Barrel at a time. A single Ship's Cannonball Barrel can carry up to 3 pages worth (i.e. 4800) of Barrelballs.
- Up to 20 Barrelballs can be stored in one storage space of the Rowboat Chest. A single Rowboat's Chest can carry a maximum of 2 pages worth (i.e. 640) of Barrelballs.
Locks a ship's barrels up tight for a while, denying its crew access to supplies. Use it wisely!
- Description changed from "Give them a surprise, take away their supplies!" to "Locks a ship's barrels up tight for a while, denying its crew access to supplies. Use it wisely!".
- Now available for player use. Can be found in barrels and crates around the world.
- Introduced as a resource used exclusively by Skeleton Ships.