This article contains information that may ruin your enjoyment of discovering the game's secrets for yourself. Read at your own risk!
|Related||The Cursed Rogue Tall Tale|
|Voice Actor||Pandora Colin|
|“||"Today you have the honor of dying at the hands of Captain Briggsy!"|
|— Captain Briggsy, on the offensive|
Captain Briggsy is a Skeleton Lord encountered in The Cursed Rogue Tall Tale in Sea of Thieves. Upon defeat, Briggsy leaves behind her Skull, which must be returned to Madame Olivia at Plunder Outpost to finish the Tale.
Captain Briggsy was one of the four most legendary pirates in The Sea of Thieves, having gained notoriety for being an unpredictable wild card. She earned her nickname Briggsy from her almost superhuman talent for breaking out of cells and jails of all kinds. She was considered a maverick even by pirate standards. She was a dedicated adventurer, disappearing for weeks and returning with wild tales every time. She also changed her crew constantly, sometimes leaving her own ship adrift while sailing under someone else's flag. No one knew what to think of her, but everyone knew of Briggsy and her exploits. Briggsy would personally recount her tales to a young Tasha who looked up to Briggsy and dreamed of being a glamourous adventurer visiting all the places Briggsy had been to.
Yearning for the ultimate adventure, Briggsy sought to lay foot on the legendary Shores of Gold. With the use of the Shroudbreaker, she successfully found her way to the island, but wrecked her ship in the process, becoming stranded. Choosing to make the best of the situation, she explored, finding her way into the caves of the island. There she found piles of treasure from which she chose a small trinket as a memento to remember the adventure by. Soon afterwards, she began noticing changes to herself; She was slowly losing her humanity, cursed from the treasures she found there.
There in the caves, Briggsy also found the Gold Hoarder who promised her a cure should she follow his orders. Seeing no other choice, she agreed.
Rather than embracing her new power as a Skeleton Lord, she feels great shame from her downfall. Suspecting that the Shroudbreaker would be needed should she ever be able to discover a cure, Briggsy disassembled the artefact, hiding the pieces across The Sea of Thieves.
Captain Briggsy can only appear once players have acquired the Enchanted Compass from Madame Olivia during The Cursed Rogue Tall Tale. The Compass will point the Crew towards one of the possible Large Islands where Briggsy is hiding.
The following Islands have been reported to be the locations of Briggsy's boss fight:
- Lone Cove
- Cannon Cove
- Wanderer's Refuge
- Mermaid's Hideaway
- Discovery Ridge
- Shipwreck Bay
- The Crooked Masts
- Kraken's Fall
Captain Briggsy Before Her Fight
Captain Briggsy During Her Fight
Like other Skeleton Lords, Captain Briggsy acts as a boss fight with a large amount of health and a range of various Skeleton Lord abilities at her disposal:
- She can switch between the Pistol, Blunderbuss and Cutlass depending on the player's range. When she has her Cutlass equipped, she can also perform a lunge attack.
- A high-damage stomp attack. She will rise up, and slam the ground sending all nearby players backwards into the air, dealing increasing damage depending on your proximity to the boss. This attack may cause additional fall damage.
- Summon Skeletons, allowing them to overwhelm the Players for her. These Skeletons only have 50 health.
- Perform a ritual to make herself invisible. She will take out a Disgraced Bounty Skull, perform an incantation, then retreat into the ground for a short time before popping up in a new location.
- Eat a Banana to supposedly regenerate lost health. The amount of health regenerated (if any) is currently unknown. It may be that the purpose of this action is to show her getting low on health.
- As with other Tall Tale Skeleton Lords, Briggsy's health scales with the amount of players on the Island when the fight is started.
- She only has 1000 health when encountered by a Sloop Crew
- Briggsy is a Gold Skeleton and is slowed down when exposed to water.
- The Enchanted Compass can still track Briggsy's Skull after she has been defeated.
- Gunpowder Barrels are an effective tool to deal large amounts of damage at once.
- When Briggsy summons reinforcements, larger Crews should dedicate one member to eliminate the firearm Skeletons, and another to pull the Skeletons away from Briggsy while the rest work on killing the boss.
- A good strategy would be to lure her in range of the ship's Cannons to kill her faster.
- If you’re by yourself you can kill her with 5 gunpowder barrels around 5 feet. If she’s too far from the kegs, won't kill her.