|Related||Merchant Alliance Voyages|
The Crew is given a Ledger detailing the address of an NPC holding a consignment of delicate goods. The shipment of these Cargo Crates must be delivered to another NPC by a certain time and date, the details of which are written on each piece of cargo. Either of the NPCs can be found on a Outpost, Seapost or a Large Island. On Outposts, the first letters of each NPC's name corresponds to their occupation, so if the name is, e.g. Wednesday, then you should be looking for W for Weaponsmith. Delivering the cargo before the deadline will reward the Crew with Gold and Reputation with the Merchant Alliance, but the amount depends on the condition of the Cargo. Like other Voyages, more dangerous and rewarding versions are available for the Devil's Roar. Once all Cargo has been collected, the Voyage is automatically dissolved, but the cargo and reward for it remains. This allows Pirates to do multiple Cargo Runs at once.
The number of Cargo Crates requested if the Cargo Run is part of a Voyage is dependent on the player's promotion with the company. Players will start receiving quests with 3 crates each, with Merchant Mariner, 4 crates each, and then for every two promotions, one extra crate, until Merchant Master. Ashen Cargo Runs will increase the amount of crates requested by 1.
Types of Cargo
Crate of Plants: A container of greenery that must be kept submerged at the indicated water line, or it will lose value.
Crate of Luxurious Cloth: Delicate sheets that cannot touch water, or it will lose value.
Crate of Rum Bottles: Fragile glass containing every Pirate's favorite drink. Jumping with the bottles and other rough handling will break them, lowering their value.
Crate of Devil's Plants: Plants of the Devil's Roar, these shrubs need water more frequently.
Crate of Devil's Cloth: Luxurious linens of the Devil's Roar, this cloth is even more susceptible to water
Crate of Devil's Rum Bottles: Bottles of the Devil's Roar that will break at the slightest bit of rough handling.
Cargo Value and Degradation 
The total reward for any Cargo will decrease if the Cargo degrades in quality. Any Cargo Crates that are delivered in mint condition reward the player with 700 Gold per Crate (1400 for Devil's Roar Cargo), however their value can drop as low as 100-200 if delivered in bad shape. Each type of Cargo needs to be kept in different conditions to keep them from getting damaged. Plants will start to wilt if they do not stay submerged in water for a while, Cloth will start to rot if held in water for too long and Rum Bottles will crack and break if they are jumped around with or damaged too much.
Tips, Notes & Trivia
Secondary Use"Give" function can allow crews to handle cargo through hazardous pathways.
- The Rowboat is excellent for transporting large amounts of Cargo, and can be used to avoid wetting Cloth or damaging Rum Bottles.
- A Harpoon can be used to fetch Cargo Crates without damaging them.
- Exposure to rain will not instantly degrade the quality of a Crate of Luxurious Cloth, however it will have an effect on it. Try to keep the Cloth inside the Ship and on Tables or Ledges to keep it away from water.
- Crates of Rum Bottles and The Devil's Rum will break from Weapons, Cannonballs, jumping and falling far enough to cause you damage while carrying the Rum. Gunpowder Barrel explosions, earthquakes, and Megalodon/Kraken attacks also crack the bottles, with Geysers being one's worst enemy on Devil's Roar Voyages.
- Plants can be placed on the bottom deck of the ship with a Bucket or two of water to keep them fresh.
- Cargo Runs were originally scheduled to release with 1.30, The Forsaken Shores. They were delayed, and later added on October 10th.
- Players can acquire two 10 Crate Cargo Maps as the Merchant Alliance Emissary Quest.
- Completing cargo runs won't count towards commendations for completing Merchant Alliance voyages
Merchant Alliance Commendations:
- Merchant of the Silken Trade → Deliver 200 Crates of Luxurious Cloth on time and in perfect condition
- Merchant of the Flora Trade → Deliver 200 Crates of Plants on time and in perfect condition
- Merchant Rum Runner → Deliver 200 Crates of Rum on time and in perfect condition
- Merchant of Forsaken Silk → Deliver 200 Crates of Luxurious Devil's Cloth on time and in perfect condition
- Merchant of Forsaken Flora → Deliver 200 Crates of Devil's Plants on time and in perfect condition
- Merchant of Forsaken Rum → Deliver 200 Crates of Devil's Rum on time and in perfect condition
Athena's Fortune Commendations:
- Legendary Merchant Trader → Deliver 500 Cargo Crates on time and in perfect condition, as a Pirate Legend
Forsaken Shores Commendations:
- Cargo Runner → Deliver 25 pieces of cargo on time and in prime condition | 15
- Master Cargo Runner → Deliver 100 pieces of cargo on time and in prime condition | 30
- Fleet Cargo Runner → Deliver 3 pieces of cargo on time and in prime condition (while in an alliance) | 5
- Legendary Cargo Runner → Deliver 200 pieces of cargo on time and in prime condition | 50
- Devil's Cargo Runner → Deliver 25 pieces of Devil's Roar Cargo on time and in prime condition | 15
- 1.4.4 (March 6, 2019)
- Cargo Run Payouts - The value of successfully handing in Cargo has been significantly increased.
- Cargo Run Robustness - Cargo is much more robust and significantly easier to get to its destination in good condition
- Cargo Run Sailing Distance - The average delivery distance for Cargo Runs have been reduced, and are now a shorter sailing distance.
- Cargo Run maps should no longer display 'Hopscotchbeard' instead of NPC Name
- 1.4.3 (February 6, 2019)
- Message in a Bottle Cargo Runs - Cargo Runs can now be found inside Messages in a Bottle.
- 1.3.2 (October 31, 2018)
- Cargo Runs from a Message in a Bottle can now include all Cargo Run NPCs.
- It is now possible to collect cargo from the Merchant when you have an active Merchant contract.
- 1.3.1 (October 10, 2018)