|Related||Trading Company Emissaries|
Emissary Grades constitute the Graded progression system of Trading Company Emissaries in Sea of Thieves. Each Emissary Trading Company has 5 Emissary Reputation Grades indicating a Ship and Crew's dedication to the Company's cause. Emissary Grades provide various benefits such as increasing Rewards, Reputation gains and Emissary Value and providing Crews with Emissary Quests. Emissary Grades are progressed through by completing tasks related to the given represented Trading Company.
In order to be Graded as an Emissary, Player Crews first have to vote to become representing Emissaries for a Trading Company. This can be done at an Emissary Table (usually next to Trading Company Representatives) once players have purchased the Emissary Flag for the Company. Every Emissary Ship starts out at Grade I that rewards Players with only Emissary Value for each Company-specific Treasure item sold. Crews get Emissary Grade Reputation for completing tasks for the Companies, such as Voyages and Quests, defeating dangers on the Seas or Sinking rivalling Ships. Emissary Reputation is generally not gained for selling Treasure Items. Players can see their Emissary Grade progress from the Reputation Tab in the Pirate Menu or in the Equipment Radial Menu. Emissary Grades can be progressed up to Grade V, after which Crews gain access to special bonuses.
Emissary Grades are visualised on the two Emissary Flags, one on the back of the Ship, which counts grades in lines forming a circle around the Company's Insignia, and one on top of the Crow's Nest, which gets longer with more notches the higher the Crew's Grade. These can be seen from far away. A Reaper's Bones Ship's Emissary Grades are shown on the Map Table for everyone.
A Crew will lose all Emissary Progress when their Ship sinks or they return their flag to the Emissary Table. A sunken Emissary Ship will leave behind a Graded Broken Emissary Flag, which the Reaper's Bones are willing to buy for increasing Gold and Reputation. A Crew's own Broken Emissary Flag is only worth 1 Gold.
Emissary Grade Reputation is not shared between Player Alliances.
Emissary Grades can be advanced by doing various Company-related tasks while Representing the Company as an Emissary.
The following activities raise Emissary Reputation:
- Progressing in Company-related Voyages or Quests
- Finishing Company-related Voyages or Quests
- Picking up Company-related Treasure Items for the first time (reset after another Crew claims the Treasure)
- Placing Company-related Treasure Items on your Ship for the first time (reset after another Crew claims the Treasure)
- Completing World Events
- Sinking Emergent Skeleton Ships (only if hit with a cannonball at least once)
- Defeating Megalodon & Kraken Encounters
- Defeating Emergent Skeleton Captains, Ashen Key Masters & Ashen Guardians (only for some Companies)
- Progressing through Skeleton's Orders Quests (only for some Companies)
- Defeating rivaling Emissary Player Pirates (only for Reaper's Bones) or sinking their Ships (for all other Companies)
Common things that currently don't advance grades:
- Selling Treasure (except Cargo Crates, Resource Crates, Animal Crates or Gunpowder Barrels that are part of a Voyage or Quest)
- Killing non-emissary Player Pirates or sinking non-emissary Ships
- Sinking Skeleton Ships or Ghost Captain Ships that are a part of a Skeleton Fleet or Ghost Fleet (only the event completion counts)
- Defeating Skeleton Captains in a Skeleton Fort (These only count for Order of Souls Emissaries)
- Picking up and placing Treasure on your ship that is not related to your Trading Company (only things you can sell to the Company)
- Progressing through Mercenary Voyages (including Athena’s Run of Thieves’ Haven)
- Progressing through other Company Voyages, e.g. Athena's Fortune Voyage Quests.
- Picking up and placing down Gunpowder Kegs.
- Anything related to The Hunter's Call Company.
- Picking up or placing Storage Crates or Ammo Crates
*World Event completions only give Emissary Grade reputation when finishing the Event itself. Any enemies, ships or bosses taken down during the encounter do not count.
Emissary Grade Rewards
The higher the Emissary Ship's Emissary Grade, the higher the Crew's Gold/Doubloon, Reputation and Emissary Value gains. The following table marks the Reward and Emissary Value multipliers by each Grade. When selling Treasure as a graded Emissary, Players will see the Gold or Doubloon bonus added behind the base value of each sold Treasure in the top right of the screen, along with a small icon of the Trading Company to mark the source of the bonus.
|Emissary Grade||Rewards, Reputation & Emissary Value|
|Grade 1||Base Reward|
|Grade 2||+33% Base Reward|
|Grade 3||+67% Base Reward|
|Grade 4||+100% Base Reward|
|Grade 5||+150% Base Reward|
Once a Crew has achieved Grade V as a Company's Emissary, special Emissary Quests will become available for the Crew. These are collections of Quests with high-value rewards for that Company. Emissary Quests can be claimed at a Company Representative on Outposts. An Emissary Quest can be claimed for reaching Grade V just once, meaning that players will have to return their flag and work their way back to Grade V to claim another Quest in one session. The Reaper's Bones does not offer a Quest, but a special power to give all other Emissary Ships the Reaper's Mark on their Map Table.
Grade V Emissary Bonuses:
- Gold Hoarders Emissary Quest - 4 additional Treasure Maps with 5 Captain’s Chests each.
- Order of Souls Emissary Quest - 4 additional Bounty Maps with 4 Villainous Bounty Skulls each.
- Merchant Alliance Emissary Quest - 2 Cargo Maps with 10 Cargo Crates each.
- Athena's Fortune Emissary Quest - Additional mix of Quests rewarding Athena's Fortune Treasure
- Reaper's Bones Bonus - Ability to see Emissary Crews of all Companies on their Map Table.
Notification for reaching Grade V as a Gold Hoarders Emissary.
Notification for reaching Grade V as a Order of Souls Emissary.
Notification for reaching Grade V as a Merchant Alliance Emissary.
Notification for reaching Grade V as a Reaper's Bones Emissary.
Notification for reaching Grade V as an Athena's Fortune Emissary.
The old maxed out Emissary Grade icon for Gold Hoarders.
The old maxed out Emissary Grade icon for Order of Souls.
The old maxed out Emissary Grade icon for Merchant Alliance.
The old maxed out Emissary Grade icon for Reaper's Bones.
The old maxed out Emissary Grade icon for Athena's Fortune.