|Ferry of the Damned|
|Related||Ferryman, Sea of the Damned|
The Ferry of the Damned is a ghostly ship sailing in the Sea of the Damned in Sea of Thieves. The Ship is the place where Player Pirates arrive after death. It is sailed by the mysterious Ferryman, who allows Pirates passage back to the Sea of Thieves.
Every time a Player Pirate dies in Adventure Mode, they are sent to the Ferry of the Damned. Dying players can be Revived, although if no one is around, they can choose to be sent to the Ferryman early. In the Ferry of the Damned, Players become ghosts and can interact with the ghosts of other Players who have died. After about fifteen seconds, the door of the Ferry opens and Players can return back to their Ship. Players respawn with full Health and Ammo, along with all of their previously gathered Resource Items.
The Ferry of the Damned sports a ghostly, foggy appearance with mostly blue and black colors. The ship resembles a heavily damaged Galleon, with broken masts, a damaged wheel, floating sails, a chained-off capstan, and splintered or destroyed wood. The lower decks are not accessible and dense fog blocks players from viewing the greater Sea of the Damned. The ferry is primarily lit by ghostly fog and a few out-of-place candles. All exits from the ship are chained off and inaccessible.
Well of Fates
The Well of Fates, located in between the main masts, is the main source for obtaining the Flames of Fate. Players can use their Lantern to interact with the Well of Fates to take a Flame, provided that their death met their requirements.
The Ferryman and Tall Tales
Players can talk to the Ferryman, but should not expect him to be much of a conversationalist. Crews can vote on the seventh Tale Book in the Shores of Gold Story Arc, The Fate of the Morningstar, by the Ferryman.
Message From Beyond
Legends of the Sea
- The Ferry of the Damned is helmed by the Ferryman, a ghost who is doomed for all eternity to ferry the souls of pirates back to the realm of the living.
- One of the cannons of the Ferry is missing for unknown reasons.
- The Cannons of the Ferry match the Ghost Cannon skin.
- New Message from Beyond - The Ferryman was unhappy with the text that had been written describing how to 'Scuttle' a ship, so he made them write a better version - and then walk the plank.
- Message from Beyond - A message from the Ferryman has been nailed to the door post on the Ferry of the Damned instructing players on how to scuttle their ship.