|Fort of Fortune|
This raid experience offers a tougher challenge than a regular Skeleton Fort raid and rewards a more profitable collection of treasure upon completion.
When a Fort of Fortune first spawns, a loud, booming horn-like tune plays across the world as its signature red scarred skull cloud appears in the sky above the Fort.
Almost all regular Skeleton Fort locations may be chosen to stage the event.
- Hidden Spring Keep
- Sailor's Knot Stronghold
- Kraken Watchtower
- Crow's Nest Fortress
- Skull Keep
- Keel Haul Fort
The Fort of Fortune raid consists of 18 waves of skeletons; The first 15 waves act mostly identical to waves of a Skeleton Fort, with the added difference of every 4-5th wave will spawn 3 Skeleton Captains and the waves themselves compose of tougher foes.
The final wave consists of a single skeleton wave and an Ashen Lord. The Ashen Lord will act similar to their Ashen Winds battle, with the difference of the inability to perform the Boulder Throw attack.
Rewards from the Fort of Fortune raid are available by direct enemy drops, maps dropped by enemies, and most notably the treasure found within the Fort's stronghold vault.
Treasures dropped by enemies throughout the Fort of Fortune raid:
- 9 Villainous Bounty Skulls
- 27 Gold Pouches
- 9 Skeleton's Orders, each with one X Spot leading to any of the following:
- 3 Stronghold Skulls
- 3 Skeleton's Orders, each with one X Spot leading to the following:
- 9 Gold Pouches
The vault under the fort's stronghold can be unlocked using a Fort of Fortune Key dropped by the Ashen Lord in the final wave of the Fort of Fortune encounter. It can contain the following:
- 1 Chest of Legends
- 2 Kegs of Ancient Black Powder
- 4 Crates of Legendary Voyages
- 4-7 Gilded Relics of Ancient Fortune
- 0-3 Chalices of Ancient Fortune
- 1-2 Villainous Skulls of Ancient Fortune
- 0-1 Skull of Ancient Fortune
- 3 Stronghold Chests
- 2 Crates of Ancient Bone Dust
- 2 Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels
- 1 Stronghold Skull
- 3 Captain's Chests
- 3 Trade Good Crates
- 1-5 Mermaid Gems
- Scourge of Brutal Bastions → Defeat 10 Forts of Fortune.
- The Fort of Fortune Key dropped by the final boss is visible on the map, making it impossible for the key to be hidden from other players.
- If the Vault is left unopened after completion, and a regular Skeleton Fort happens to spawn at the same location, the Fort of Fortune Key will be unusable. However, the vault will have all the loot from both Forts, which can then be opened by a regular Stronghold Key.
- Many of the treasures dug up from the Skeleton's Orders during the first 15 waves can be used as weapons against the Skeleton Lords and the final Ashen Lord boss.
- The large number of Gunpowder Barrels on a Fortress are intentionally present to assist in dispatching waves of Skeletons and are especially useful against more durable enemies. Gunpowder Skeletons can also be used in the same way.
- Firebombs are also useful in defeating groups of skeletons quickly; Either from your ship's supplies or from crates unburied from Skeleton Orders.
- If you can lure the Skeleton Lords or the Ashen Lords to the beach or a visible spot, you can position your ship's cannons towards these enemies and kill them with cannonballs.
- Once the fort is cleared, it is recommended to check the fort for players hidden in towers or areas where skeletons were trying to reach to sniff out potential ambushes or incoming ships looking to reap your hard-earned rewards.
- Ships can be dealt with by using the kegs, buried in the fort in preparation for an ambush.
- When you have finished a Fort and are looting the vault, make use of the ship's harpoons to make transporting treasure easier. Try parking your Ship closer to the Vault.
- Many Forts also spawn a Rowboat to help with Treasure transport.
- It may be wise to load Gunpowder Barrels on first or onto any rowboat to safeguard them against looters or saboteurs. If you do not want the risk of transporting such dangerous goods, you may wish to detonate the entire stock of the vault prior to looting to keep enemy players from weaponizing those kegs against you.
- 126.96.36.199 (March 24, 2022)
- Crews will now find a steady rotation of World Events taking place across the seas.
- 2.1.0 (April 15, 2021)