|Fort of the Damned (Content Update)|
|Duration||October 16, 2019 - November 20th, 2019|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Smuggler's Fortune||The Seabound Soul (Content Update)|
|“||An eerie mist rolls into the Sea of Thieves, it transpires that not all the Dark Relics were safely retrieved, and twisted rituals have secretly continued. Dark Forces have begun to emerge from the shadows, seizing an old fort for their evil rituals and opening a window to the Sea of the Damned. Rally your crew and battle through the emerging Shadows of Fate to thwart their evil schemes!|
The Fort of the Damned Content Update was released with the 2.0.8 Patch and ran between October 16th - November 20th 2019, featuring a new raid type encounter with Bilge Rats andMercenary Voyages Commendations, Titles and unlockable cosmetics. The Fort of the Damned Update was preceded by the Smuggler’s Fortune and followed by The Seabound Soul Content Updates.
- 1 New Features
- 2 New items
- 3 New Black Market items
- 4 New Emporium items
- 5 Commendations, Titles & Achievements
Fort of the Damned
Dark forces have seized Old Boot Fort and begun their eerie rituals, twisting it into the Fort of the Damned! Pushing through the mist to reach the island, crews must light the six Ferryman statues with the correct Flames of Fate retrieved from the Ferry of the Damned to release the ritual altar. Sacrificing a Ritual Skull to the altar, crews can summon forth the Shadows of Fate and fight back the horde before facing off against a familiar ghastly apparition. Those fearless enough to take on the Fort will announce their presence to the rest of the world via a new red skull cloud visible to all crews on the horizon. Success bestows a range of high-value rewards from a bountiful supply of Stronghold Kegs, chests and skulls through to a guaranteed Chest of Legends and two Reaper’s Chests in the vault. Be sure to check the ship’s map! The Fort of the Damned will become a permanent addition to the world after the Fort of the Damned update, allowing players to tackle this threat at any time.
Skull Seeker Voyages
Stitcher Jim has warned of the presence of a dangerous new type of Shadow Skeletons ambushing pirates across the seas. While Duke doesn’t know the exact locations of these Shadows of Fate himself, he does know where to find Shadow Captains holding treasure maps leading to these dangerous entities. While these treasure maps also lead to high-value rewards, Duke warns players to collect to the Ritual Skulls they find as they will be needed to take on the Fort of the Damned! Duke will even offer Doubloon rewards to players who don’t want to take on the ominous Fort. Pick up a free Bounty Voyage from Duke for your region and head out to take them down! Pirate Legends are offered a more rewarding Bounty Voyage allowing them to retrieve multiple Ritual Skulls along with other rewards. All Skull Seeker Voyages are time-limited for the duration of the Fort of the Damned update.
- Skull Seeker Voyage of The Shores of Plenty
- Skull Seeker Voyage of The Wilds
- Skull Seeker Voyage of The Ancient Isles
- Legendary Skull Seeker Voyage
- Skull Stash Voyage - 30 or 35 000
Emergent Skeleton Captains
Reports from across The Sea of Thieves tell of roaming Skeleton Captains sighted on islands. These will drop a Villainous Bounty Skull upon defeat, in addition to a Skeleton’s Orders map pinpointing the location of a buried stash. These stashes provide a range of high-value rewards, including a guaranteed Ritual Skull and a strong chance of digging up a Reaper’s Chest!
Shadow of Fate Skeletons
Players will now find the new Banjo instrument in the second page of their Item Radial. Join in with your crew with all the regular shanties on your new Banjo!
Players will have to put aside around 686,095 Gold to buy all the new non-time-limited items added to the game with the Update.
The Outpost equipment stores now stock a wide range of banjos; purchase your favourite before strumming away with your crew.
- Sailor Banjo
- Bilge Rat Banjo - 3,500
- Castaway Bilge Rat Banjo - 3,500
- Scurvy Bilge Rat Banjo - 10 050
- Admiral Banjo - 3,500
- Ceremonial Admiral Banjo - 3,500
- Grand Admiral Banjo - 3,500
- Forsaken Ashes Banjo - 4,950
- Hunter Banjo - 3,500
- Kraken Banjo - 4,950
- Ocean Crawler Banjo - 4,950
- Sea Dog Banjo - 3,500
- Ruffian Sea Dog Banjo - 3,500
- Rogue Sea Dog Banjo - 3,500
- Bone Crusher Banjo - 4,950
- Sovereign Banjo - 3,500
- Royal Sovereign Banjo - 3,500
- Imperial Sovereign Banjo - 3,500
- Parrot Banjo - 4,950
- Glorious Sea Dog Banjo - 4,000
Totalling 78,800 Gold
Hunter Ship Cosmetics
The Outpost Shipwrights now stock the remaining ship cosmetics to complete the Hunter’s Ship Set. Players will find that the Hunter Cannons, Capstan and Wheel are now available for purchase.
Totalling 147,000 Gold
New Skirts, Tops & Dresses
The Outpost clothing stores now stock a range of new dresses, skirts, leggings and shirts suited to female pirates. However as with all clothing on the Sea of Thieves everyone is free to dress however they please. Does your pirate look fetching in that crop-top? Rock it!
Total cost: 58,860 Gold
New Hair and Underwear Dyes
The Outpost Clothing Stores now stock a range of new Dyes for you to pick from.
- These free dyes allow Players to dye their Underwear in a variety of colours. They can be found in the Clothing Chest and are unlocked by default.
- Five vibrant Hair Dyes have been made available to purchase from the Clothing Shop, party like it's 1995!
- 15 Two-Tone Hair Dyes for fashionable Pirate Legends, purchasable from the Athena's Fortune Hideout Store. Party like it's 19950?
- Forsaken Ashes Hair - 19,950
- Devil's Night Hair - 19,950
- Ashen Dusk Hair - 19,950
- Beast Black Hair - 19,950
- Silverback Hair - 19,950
- Pale Magic Hair - 19,950
- Dusty Shadow Hair - 19,950
- Midnight Oil Hair - 19,950
- Misty Brown Hair - 19,950
- Golden Sands Hair - 19,950
- Deep Sea Hair - 19,950
- White Rose Hair - 19,950
- Pale Souls Hair - 19,950
- Nature's Bounty Hair - 19,950
- Wild Orchid Hair - 19,950
- Total cost: 299,250 Gold
Ferryman of the Damned items
The Outpost clothing store has been stocked with a selection of new Ferryman of the Damned themed cosmetics to celebrate the Festival of the Damned. Players can dress up as their favourite eternal ferryman with these new cosmetics. All Ferryman of the Damned Rewards will become a permanent addition to the world after the Fort of the Damned update.
- Hair of the Damned - 1,125
- Beard of the Damned - 1,125
- Eyepatch of the Damned - 22 875
- Facepaint of the Damned - 3,710
- Jacket of the Damned - 50 625
- Lantern of the Damned - 14 250
Totaling 93,710 Gold
New Black Market items
Duke’s Black Market has been refreshed and now offers a range of new items; from the introduction of the beloved ‘Wild Rose’ set through to the previously unattainable ‘Wailing Barnacle’ clothing – there’ll surely be something to tempt all pirates. Remember these offers will only last until the next Monthly Content Update, so grab them now! (Duke has also mentioned that these items will appear back in stock in future updates.)
Desirables for Doubloons
This month, players will have to put aside 690 Doubloons if they want to buy everything from Duke.
Fearless Bone Crusher Weapons
Continuing the Bone Crusher theme, Duke is offering the Fearless Bone Crusher Weapons this month. Available for Doubloons, players can acquire the Fearless Bone Crusher Flintlock, Fearless Bone Crusher Blunderbuss, Fearless Bone Crusher Cutlass and Fearless Bone Crusher Eye of Reach.
- Fearless Bone Crusher Cutlass - 50
- Fearless Bone Crusher Blunderbuss - 75
- Fearless Bone Crusher Pistol - 75
- Fearless Bone Crusher Eye of Reach - 75
Totalling 275 Doubloons
Wailing Barnacle Clothing
Duke has heard your pleas! This month he has stocked the previously unattainable Wailing Barnacle Clothing allowing pirates to finally complete this soggy set. Available for Doubloons, players can pick up the Eyepatch of the Wailing Barnacle, Hook of the Wailing Barnacle, Pegleg of the Wailing Barnacle, Gloves of the Wailing Barnacle, Belt of the Wailing Barnacle and Booths of the Wailing Barnacle.
- Gloves of the Wailing Barnacle - 15
- Belt of the Wailing Barnacle - 15
- Boots of the Wailing Barnacle - 15
- Trousers of the Wailing Barnacle - 25
- Eyepatch of the Wailing Barnacle - 25
- Hook of the Wailing Barnacle - 35
- Pegleg of the Wailing Barnacle - 35
Totalling 165 Doubloons
Wild Rose Clothing
Introduced in the Shores of Gold Tall Tales, this month offers the beginnings of the Wild Rose Clothing – Collect the Wild Rose Jacket, Wild Rose Hat and Wild Rose Dress all available for Doubloons.
Totalling 250 Doubloons
Goodies for Gold
This month, players will have to put aside 577,800 Gold to buy everything from Duke.
Redcoat Executive Admiral Clothing
How about something for your gold? This month releases a twist on the Executive Admiral Clothing Set. Players can acquire the full clothing set for Gold!
- Redcoat Executive Admiral Belt - 12 150
- Redcoat Executive Admiral Boots - 12 150
- Redcoat Executive Admiral Gloves - 12 150
- Redcoat Executive Admiral Shirt - 24 300
- Redcoat Executive Admiral Trousers - 24 300
- Redcoat Executive Admiral Eyepatch - 27 450
- Redcoat Executive Admiral Hook - 36 450
- Redcoat Executive Admiral Pegleg - 36 450
- Redcoat Executive Admiral Dress - 48 600
- Redcoat Executive Admiral Jacket - 60 750
- Redcoat Executive Admiral Hat - 61 200
Totalling 355,950 Gold
Deep Ocean Crawler Equipment
Continuing the Ocean Crawler theme, this month Duke delivers the Deep Ocean Crawler Items for players to earn. By digging into their gold reserves, players can acquire the Deep Ocean Crawler Bucket, Deep Ocean Crawler Compass, Deep Ocean Fishing Rod, Deep Ocean Crawler Lantern, Deep Ocean Crawler Pocket Watch, Deep Ocean Crawler Shovel, Deep Ocean Crawler Speaking Trumpet, Deep Ocean Crawler Spyglass and Deep Ocean Crawler Tankard.
- Deep Ocean Crawler Tankard - 8,100
- Deep Ocean Crawler Shovel - 16 650
- Deep Ocean Crawler Bucket - 17 100
- Deep Ocean Crawler Lantern - 17 100
- Deep Ocean Crawler Speaking Trumpet - 20 700
- Deep Ocean Crawler Pocket Watch - 25 200
- Deep Ocean Crawler Compass - 25 200
- Deep Ocean Crawler Spyglass - 34 200
- Deep Ocean Crawler Fishing Rod - 57 600
Totalling 221,850 Gold
New Emporium items
Counting Bundles, players will have to put aside a total of 7,589 Ancient Coins to purchase everything added to the Emporium (Note that Pet Outfits can only be purchased if the Player already owns the Pets).
Bilge Rat Pet Outfits
- Capuchin Bilge Rat Outfit - 249
- Barbary Bilge Rat Outfit - 249
- Macaw Bilge Rat Outfit - 249
- Parakeet Bilge Rat Outfit - 249
Eight new variety Emotes are available for purchase!
- Total Bundle Cost - 999
- Angry Fist Emote - 149
- Dust Shoulders Emote - 149
- Sympathy Violin Emote - Bundle Only
- Look Afar Emote - Bundle Only
- Slow Clap Emote - Bundle Only
- Jump for Joy Emote - Bundle Only
- One Knee Emote - Bundle Only
- Ahoy Wave Emote - Bundle Only
In addition to the variety bundles, Pirates can also buy 4 new Emotes to Taunt their friends or enemies with!
- Total Bundle Cost - 499
- I’m Watching You Emote - Bundle Only
- Chicken Emote - Bundle Only
- Be Quiet Emote - Bundle Only
- Go Away Emote - Bundle Only
Cutthroat Ship Collection
- Total Bundle Cost - 2,499
- Cutthroat Figurehead - 599
- Cutthroat Sails - 599
- Cutthroat Hull - 349
- Cutthroat Wheel - 349
- Cutthroat Cannons - 349
- Cutthroat Capstan - 349
- Cutthroat Flag - 349
Collector’s Cutthroat items
Commendations, Titles & Achievements
A range of Mercenary Commendations are available to unlock for helping Duke fight back the Shadow of Fate threat emerging across the sea, earning players Doubloons as well as unlocking the ‘Skull Keeper’ Title. All Flame of Fate Voyage Commendations, Doubloons and Title are time-limited for the duration of the Fort of the Damned update.
The Following Commendations are available as a part of the Fort of the Damned Event.
Fort of the Damned Commendations
Only the stoutest pirate would wake the dead and take them on in their own Fort! Are you such a death-defier?
These Commendations arrive with the new Fort of the Damned Raid and will be permanently available.
- Sent Crying Back to the Sea → Defeat 5 blue Shadows of Fate. | +5
- Sent Screaming Back to the Sea → Defeat 25 blue Shadows of Fate. | +10
- Sent Wailing Back to the Sea → Defeat 50 blue Shadows of Fate. | +25
- Cooling Burning Hearts → Defeat 5 red Shadows of Fate. | +5
- Dousing Burning Hearts → Defeat 25 red Shadows of Fate. | +10
- Snuffing Burning Hearts → Defeat 50 red Shadows of Fate. | +25
- Cursed Bones Laid to Rest → Defeat 5 green Shadows of Fate. | +5
- Cursed Bones Exorcised → Defeat 25 green Shadows of Fate. | +10
- Cursed Bones Buried Deep → Defeat 50 green Shadows of Fate. | +25
- Lightning-struck Skeletons Discharged → Defeat 5 white Shadows of Fate. | +5
- Lightning-struck Skeletons Earthed → Defeat 25 white Shadows of Fate. | +10
- Lightning-struck Skeletons Grounded → Defeat 50 white Shadows of Fate. | +25
- Envenomed and Ensnared → Defeat 5 purple Shadows of Fate. | +5
- Envenomed and Ended → Defeat 25 purple Shadows of Fate. | +10
- Envenomed and Entombed → Defeat 50 purple Shadows of Fate. | +25
- One More Fight → Defeat 5 pink Shadows of Fate. | +5
- One More Battle → Defeat 25 pink Shadows of Fate. | +10
- One More War → Defeat 50 pink Shadows of Fate. | +25
- A Spectrum of Shadows → Defeat each colour of Shadow of Fate. | +10
- Summoning the Damned → Activate the Fort of the Damned by lighting all six Flames of Fate and sacrificing a Ritual Skull. | +5
- Defeating the Damned → Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies. | +5
- Banishing the Damned → Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies, 10 times. | +10
- Vanquishing the Damned → Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies, 25 times. | +25
- Conquering the Damned → Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies, 50 times. | +50
Mercenary Voyages Commendations
These Commendations are tied to this month’s Fort of the Damned Content Update Voyages and Events and are time-limited.
- Ritual Skull Retrieved in The Wilds → Complete a Skull Seeker Voyage in The Wilds. | +5 (time-limited)
- Ritual Skull Retrieved in The Ancient Isles → Complete a Skull Seeker Voyage in The Ancient Isles. | +5 (time-limited)
- Ritual Skull Retrieved in The Shores of Plenty → Complete a Skull Seeker Voyage in The Shores of Plenty. | +5 (time-limited)
- Ritual Skulls Retrieved from Across the Sea of Thieves → Complete a Skull Seeker Voyage in each of the main regions. | +25 (time-limited)
- Legendary Ritual Skulls Retrieved → Complete a Legendary Skull Seeker Voyage. | +10 (time-limited)
- The Vigilant Rogue → Find and speak to Stitcher Jim, who has his eye on the Fort of the Damned. (time-limited) | +5 (time-limited)
The following are all the Titles introduced with the Fort of the Damned Content Update
|Raider of the Damned||Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies, 50 times. (Conquering the Damned Commendation).|
|Skull Keeper||Complete a Skull Seeker Voyage in each of the main regions. (Ritual Skulls Retrieved from Across the Sea of Thieves commendation); (time-limited).|
A range of Achievements have been added to the Fort of the Damned Update for unlocking in-game Commendations. A total of 35 Gamerscore is available to earn from this update and these Achievements will persist in the game for future updates.
- ‘Smile, you son of a…’ [20G] - Defeating a Shark by detonating a Gunpowder Keg in its vicinity will now earn the player the ‘Smile, you son of a…’ Achievement.
- ‘A Spectrum of Shadows’ [5G] - Defeat one of each colour of Shadow of Fate
- ‘Summoning the Damned’ [5G] - Activate the Fort of the Damned once
- ‘Defeating the Damned’ [10G] - Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies, and open the vault
- ‘Banishing the Damned’ [15G] - Clear the Fort of the Damned of all enemies, and open the vault, 10 times