|This article is about the Location. For the World Event, see Skeleton Fort.|
A Fortress is a type of island location with defences, towers and a central building structure. Forts can become active with Skeletons during either the Skeleton Fort or the Fort of Fortune World Event.
Every Fort island is set up like a Motte and Bailey Castle with the main fortress built on top of a hill with a heavily fortified courtyard below. The fortification structures surrounding the main Fortress itself are made of plain wood, however they are surrounded by spikes on shorelines and guard towers both built on the walls and inside the surrounding shorelines. Most of the in-land towers are fitted with Cannons and Barrels with two featuring Ammo Chests. The sea-towers all contain 3 Cannons and a few Barrels. The main fortress structure has 3-4 floors and a Treasure Vault below it that becomes locked during a Skeleton Fort World Event.
- Any single Fort can be host to a Skeleton Fort World Event, indicated by a large and dark Skull cloud above the Fortress.
- Every fort houses several Cannons and Ammo Chests.
- Forts are supplied with numerous Barrels with a surplus of Resources.
- Forts are also supplied with at average around 8 Gunpowder Barrels in set locations making them an ideal place to stock up on Explosives.
- Forts do not spawn Animals.
- Forts cannot spawn most Treasure (with the exception of beached Messages in a Bottle and Mermaid Gems)
- Forts cannot spawn Cursed Mermaid Statues.
- Forts can spawn Rowboats, however they often spawn behind the fortified walls, making them near impossible to access. These Rowboats still have plenty of Resources in their Chests.
- Forts cannot be subject of traditional Voyages, however an active Skeleton Fortress Event will give players Skeleton's Orders Maps with buried Treasure.
Skeleton Fort World Event
Occasionally, one Fortress can become manned by a crew of skeletons with a stash of treasure in the Fortress Vault. An active fort is indicated by a green-eyed, skull shaped cloud in the sky. During this World Event, any player approaching the island will be shot by Skeletons using the island's Cannons. Players will encounter 12 waves of Skeletons on the island itself. There are three more "boss" waves, spawning a Skeleton Captain, an Ashen Guardian and Ashen Key Master, and finally a Skeleton Lord. The tough Skeleton Lord will drop a Stronghold Key that opens the locked Fortress Vault below the main structure, revealing a stash of valuable treasure.
Fort of Fortune World Event
Rarely, a Fort of Fortune can occupy one Fortress. This World Event, indicated by a red-eyed, skull shaped cloud with a red scar across its head, is a more difficult encounter than the regular Skeleton Fort. Players will take on 18 waves on a skeletons, with the last three waves hosting one Skeleton Lord, two Skeleton Lords, and an Ashen Lord respectively.
List of Fortresses
Every main Region is home to 3 Skeleton Forts with The Devil's Roar only accommodating one. One of the Forts in The Ancient Isles, Old Boot Fort was turned into the Fort of the Damned during the Fort of the Damned Content Update that houses its own World Event.
The Fortresses and their Map coordinates are as follows:
|Keel Haul Fort||C-6||The Shores of Plenty|
|Hidden Spring Keep||I-8||The Shores of Plenty|
|Sailor's Knot Stronghold||E-14||The Shores of Plenty|
|Lost Gold Fort||H-17||The Ancient Isles|
|Fort of the Damned (previously Old Boot Fort)||L-14||The Ancient Isles|
|The Crow's Nest Fortress||O-17||The Ancient Isles|
|Skull Keep||P-9||The Wilds|
|Kraken Watchtower||L-6||The Wilds|
|Shark Fin Camp||P-5||The Wilds|
|Molten Sands Fortress||Z-11||The Devil's Roar|
- All fortresses have watchtowers on the outside of the main building. These house cannons and are commonly mistaken for other player ships due to their shape.
- 2.0.8 (October 16, 2019)
- 2.0.5 (July 17, 2019)
- When a Skeleton Fort is inside a storm, it will no longer rain inside the vault.
- 1.3.2 (October 31, 2018)
- Walls to the left of the Fort entrances now have collision as intended.
- 1.0.4 (April 18, 2018)
- The server migration-free zone around the Skeleton Forts has been doubled.
- Skeleton Fort Cannons can once again be manned by players without fear of an explosive demise.
- First Release (March 20, 2018)