Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Options[edit | edit source]
Players can choose between 5 options: My Crew, Other Crews, Settings, Leave Game or Exit to Desktop
My Crew[edit | edit source]
- In Crew Management, Players can vote to Change the Crew Type between Open Crew or Closed Crew or vote to lock a specific Crew member into the Brig. For these two actions, players need to receive the maximum amount of votes. Players can also choose to Mute a Crewmate's Voice, Text or Phrases chat or to choose whether Friends are allowed to join the Session or not.
Players can also vote to Scuttle Ship, which will make the Crew's Ship sink immediately and spawn somewhere else. This decision also needs the maximum amount of votes.
Other Crews[edit | edit source]
In the Arena Game Mode, Players can see Team Compositions of other Crews, select individual enemy Players and choose to Mute their voice, text or phrases chat.
Settings[edit | edit source]
Settings allows Players to modify various aspects regarding the game.
- Keyboard and Mouse allows players to view and bind most in-game actions specific to keyboard and mouse buttons.
- Controller allows players to view and bind most in-game actions specific to gamepad controllers.
- Gameplay allows players to change various gameplay settings:
- Toggle the HUD or Heads Up Display
- Toggle Gamertag Nameplates above the Player's Crewmates or the players of other Crews
- Toggle Crew Status Tag icons (these display small icons beside the Gamertags of your Crewmates that show their current performed actions).
- Toggle scrambled Gamertags (pre-determined Gamertags to protect the privacy of other Pirates while Streaming)
- Toggle Tall Tale Map Markers or the Map Table (Shows Tall Tale information and Tale Book locations)
- Toggle inverted controls for both axes on Mouse and Controllers
- Change various gameplay sliders: general input sensitivity or specific weapon sensitivity; Controller Look Deadzones & Response Curves; Controller Vibration Intensity; Field of View.
- Video Settings allows players to change various visual settings:
- Check and change the Game Resolution (PC only)
- Check and change the Display Mode (PC only)
- Toggle VSync (PC only)
- Lock the Frame Rate (PC only)
- Toggle Performance Counters (FPS & Ping)
- Change Buffering settings (PC only)
- Change the Resolution Scaling (allows the game to render at higher or lower resolutions)
- Graphics Settings allows Players to change various visual quality options to match the capability of a Player's PC Hardware or to balance the gameplay experience between framerate and performance.
- Audio Settings allows players to set various volume levels, toggle Push to Talk, Proximity Chat or whether the game displays voice activity as a green chat bubble icon on the top-left of the HUD (Note that "Push to Talk" is on by default in Sea of Thieves).
- Accessibility Settings gives Players access to various Settings that may improve the gameplay experience and its accessibility to gamers with certain needs and preferences:
- Turn the X's of an X Marks the Spot Map into a high contrast version for easier visibility.
- Toggle whether Radial Menus need two inputs or just one.
- Toggle Sticky Radial Items, which allows radial menu items to stay selected when releasing the Joystick of a Controller.
- Toggle whether Item Interactions require a button to be held down or simply pushed once
- Toggle Text-to-Speech, Speech-to-Text, Game Transcription or Foreign Player Voice Chat Translation Transcription.
- Toggle a fixed on un-fixed position for Item interaction prompts
- Toggle the Escape Key acting as a back or a close button in Menus
- Various Colour Blindness Filter Modes and Level Scalings
- Change the Scale of Text for better visibility on larger screens.