Ghost of Graymarrow
This article contains information that may ruin your enjoyment of discovering the game's secrets for yourself. Read at your own risk!
|This article is about the Fort of the Damned Raid Boss. For the Tall Tale boss, see Graymarrow.|
|Ghost of Graymarrow|
|Location||Fort of the Damned|
|Source||Fort of the Damned Raid|
The Ghost of Graymarrow is a Skeleton Lord who is the final boss of The Fort of the Damned Raid in Sea of Thieves. Once killed, the Ghost of Graymarrow drops the Fort of the Damned Key that opens the locked Fortress Vault.
Backstory[edit | edit source]
Ghost of Graymarrow is, as his title suggests, a ghostly apparition of the Skeleton Lord Graymarrow who appears as a boss during the Revenge of the Morningstar Tall Tale. With the Fort of the Damned Content Update, the Fortress Old Boot Fort enveloped in thick fog and transformed into the Fort of the Damned as a part of a dark Ritual, supposedly orchestrated by Stitcher Jim and the Masked Stranger, who had previously dabbled with Dark Relics, Reaper’s Chests, Rag & Bone Crates to plan for a resurrection ritual at Shipwreck Bay to bring back the Ghost of Sir Arthur Pendragon, which they later succeeded in during The Seabound Soul Content Update and Tall Tale. As of now, it is unknown whether the summoning of Graymarrow's Ghost was intended as a practice Ritual, or whether there was a larger reason behind it. The summoning ritual could not have been a coincidence, for Graymarrow was the one to seal Sir Arthur Pendragon in his painting. None-the-less, Duke and Stitcher Jim tasked adventurous Pirates with completing the Ritual and disposing of the Ghost of Graymarrow and his ghostly Shadow of Fate Skeletons.
During the October 2020 Fate of the Damned Content Update, Larinna sent Bilge Rats to hunt for Flames of Fate to combat Shadows of Fate that appear during the Festival of the Damned, but all the Bilge Rats went missing. As such, she sent Player Pirates to determine their fates. It turned out that Skeletons had been performing rituals all across the Seas to resummon the Ghost of Graymarrow so that they could stop the rise of Captain Flameheart and fight him.
Location & Raid[edit | edit source]
The Ghost of Graymarrow can only be summoned as a part of a Ritual at the Fort of the Damned Skeleton Fortress. The Fog surrounded Fort is the base for a Ritual that requires Pirates to gather all 6 Flames of Fate, light Ferryman Statues with the appropriate Flames and place a Ritual Skull on the Headless Skeleton in the Ritual Cage to begin the Raid. The Raid is signified by a massive Skeleton Skull cloud with Red eyes above the Fort that stays there for the remainder of the Raid.
The Raid consists of 12 waves of Shadow of Fate Skeletons, ending with a 13th wave that summons the Ghost of Graymarrow. Unlike other Skeleton Lord fights within Tall Tales, the Ghost of Graymarrow always has a set amount of Health that does not scale with crew sizes. After defeating the Ghost of Graymarrow, the Skull cloud will disappear and he will drop a Fort of the Damned Key that can be used to open up the Fortress Vault, hiding away valuable Treasure.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
The Ghost of Graymarrow has a mostly similar move-set to the living Graymarrow:
- He can switch between the Pistol, Blunderbuss and Cutlass depending on the player's range.
- He has a high-damage blast attack, raising two Chests from the ground and slamming them together, causing a shockwave that sends all nearby Players backwards into the air, dealing increasing damage depending on their proximity to the boss. This attack may cause additional fall damage.
- He can Summon minions by taking out one chest and throwing around coins. Unlike Graymarrow who summons regular Skeletons, the Ghost summons Shadow of Fate Skeletons to aid him.
- He can eat a Coconut to supposedly regenerate lost heath. The amount of health regenerated (if any) is currently unknown. It may be that the purpose of this action is to show him getting low on health.
Notes and Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Ghost of Graymarrow does not have the ability to Teleport like the other Skeleton Lords.
- Unlike Tall Tale Skeleton Lords, the Ghost of Graymarrow always has a set amount of Health that doesn't scale with the size of the Crew fighting him.
- A good strategy with the Ghost of Graymarrow is to lure him down to the pier in range of the Ship's Cannons to kill him faster. It should take around 100 direct Cannonball hits to kill the Ghost of Graymarrow, indicating he has 12,000 Health or less. 
- Gunpowder Barrels are an effective tool to deal large amounts of damage to the Ghost of Graymarrow, as he cannot Teleport away from them. 100 Gunpowder Barrels (a total of up to 35,000 damage  ) has been confirmed to kill the Ghost in one blast.
- If it is your second time fighting the Ghost during one session, you can save up the Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels from the Vault for the next boss fight, which should be at least double the damage of normal Gunpowder Barrels. 
- When Ghost of Graymarrow summons reinforcements, larger Crews should dedicate one member to eliminate the firearm Skeletons, or retrieve or use the Gunpowder Barrels that some of the summons carry while the rest work on killing the boss.
- If choosing to kill the Ghost at the pier, one of the Crew's Pirates can use the Harpoon to stun the boss in place for easier Cannoning. Each Harpoon shot also does 15 Damage, making it more effective than a Cutlass.
- Graymarrow's shockwave attack pushes back any adjacent ships. Anchoring the ship guarantees that the Ship doesn't move.
- Firebombs work against Ghost of Graymarrow.