Gold is the primary form of Currency in Sea of Thieves, that is used to buy all of the standard cosmetic Items and Voyages as well as Promotions for each Company. Gold can be spent at Shops or Companies found at Outposts and Seaposts.
How to Obtain[edit | edit source]
Gold can be acquired through various means:
- Delivering and selling Treasure Items to Trading Companies:
- Gold Hoarders accept Treasure Chests, Artefacts or Mermaid Gems.
- Order of Souls accept Bounty Skulls, Dark Relics or Mermaid Gems.
- Merchant Alliance accept Animals, Resource Crates, Trade Good Crates, Cargo Crates, Gunpowder Barrels or Mermaid Gems.
- Hunter's Call accept Fish, Meat, Treacherous Plunder or Mermaid Gems.
- Reaper's Bones accept all Treasure at The Reaper’s Hideout.
- Athena's Fortune accept any Athena's Treasure items.
- 50-2,000 found inside Collector's Chests after opening them.
- 75-300 obtained from Gold piles inside Gold Hoarder Treasure Vaults
- Tall Tales reward 8,000 for completion.
- 2,000-6,000 for finishing Arena matches.
- Exchanged from Doubloons at the Black Market.
- Completing Weekly Test Initiatives for the Insider Programme.
- Player Alliances award 50% of every Gold gain of other Crews.
- Purchasable from Microsoft Store exclusive Bundles.
Spending[edit | edit source]
The main purpose of Gold is to buy Cosmetics skins for Items from Shops: Shipwright Shop for components, Weaponsmith's Shop for weaponry, Equipment Shop for equipment and tools, General Clothing Shop for clothing and vanity, the Athena's Fortune Hideout for excusive Pirate Legend cosmetics. The Seapost Traders will offer 3 random items from the general Outpost shops.
The Black Market contains a Gold shop with Voyages and exclusive Cosmetics available for purchase.
Gold can also be spent on Voyages, Upgradable Cosmetics and Promotions from the various Trading Companies: Gold Hoarders, Order of Souls, Merchant Alliance, The Hunter's Call, Sea Dogs, Athena's Fortune.