Where to find
Grogballs have a chance to appear in Barrels all over the world. Grogballs can also be unloaded from Cannons that have been loaded with a Grogball. Some Skeleton Ships use Grogballs as a part of their arsenal.
Grogballs are mainly used as ammunition for loading up and shooting with Cannons. A Grogball needs to be loaded inside an empty Cannon before it can be used as ammunition. Once a Cannon is loaded, the player can manually aim the cannon with
Directional keys and then Shoot the Grogball with the
Primary Use key. As the fired Cannonball's firing trajectory and arc is influenced by the angle of the Cannon and the sailing speed of the Ship, hitting targets with Cannonballs requires some practice.
Grogballs are used to apply the Drunk effect on hit Players and Skeletons. A Drunk Character's screen will start to swirl, their movements sway from left to right involuntarily and they will start vomiting, which in turn makes the screen blur. Skeleton Ships that shoot Grogballs at your Ship can make surviving quite difficult as the swaying movement cancels any repairs as soon as out of range, making it harder to stay afloat.
A Grogball affects the surrounding area of its impact zone, making it possible to get a whole Ship or ground area Drunk. Note that Grogballs do not do direct damage to a Ship. Additionally, if a Grogball is shot at a ship immediately adjacent to the Cannon, the ball's curse will also affect the Cannon where it was shot from due to splash damage.
- Up to 10 total Grogballs can be held in a player's inventory at one time.
- A single Grogball can be loaded into any Cannon, signified by a fuse appearing on front of the Cannon and green coloured smoke appearing from its muzzle.
- Up to 100 Grogballs can be stored in one storage space of a Barrel at a time. A single Ship's Cannonball Barrel can carry up to 3 pages worth (i.e. 4800) of Grogballs.
- Up to 20 Grogballs can be stored in one storage space of the Rowboat Chest. A single Rowboat's Chest can carry a maximum of 2 pages worth (i.e. 640) of Grogballs.
Makes anyone nearby act less-than-sober for a while when it strikes. Wait, wouldn't pirates enjoy that?
- Description changed from "A cannonball that curses the enemy with drunkenness, basically the pirate equivalent of friendship." to "Makes anyone nearby act less-than-sober for a while when it strikes. Wait, wouldn't pirates enjoy that?".
- Now available for player use. Can be found in barrels and crates around the world.
- Introduced as a resource used exclusively by Skeleton Ships.