List of regional islands
Large Islands are significant landmasses consisting of hills, caves, and the ruins of old settlements.
Riddle Maps are exclusive to these islands due to their size and vast selection of unique landmarks.
Small Islands are much smaller landmasses that are not large enough to have the landmarks for Riddle Maps. However, they can still hold a fair share of secrets, plenty of treasure, and host a variety of enemies.
Fortresses are islands that have fortified structures built by Skeleton forces and can be host Skeleton Fort or Fort of Fortune raids, with the unique Fort of the Damned raid hosted solely at its respective location. Most regions have three Fortresses, while The Devil's Roar has only one, and The Ancient Isles has two Fortresses plus Fort of the Damned which was previously the regular Fortress, Old Boot Fort.
- Animals are not found on Fortresses.
- Fortresses are not targets for most traditional Voyages (Lost Shipments are a notable exception).
- They do not spawn most random treasure, or Cursed Mermaid Statues.
|Keel Haul Fort||C-6||The Shores of Plenty|
|Hidden Spring Keep||I-8||The Shores of Plenty|
|Sailor's Knot Stronghold||E-14||The Shores of Plenty|
|Lost Gold Fort||H-17||The Ancient Isles|
|Fort of the Damned
(previously Old Boot Fort)
|L-14||The Ancient Isles|
|The Crow's Nest Fortress||O-17||The Ancient Isles|
|Skull Keep||P-9||The Wilds|
|Kraken Watchtower||L-6||The Wilds|
|Shark Fin Camp||P-5||The Wilds|
|Molten Sands Fortress||Z-11||The Devil's Roar|
List of uncharted & other islands
|The Reaper's Hideout||I-12||No associated region||Base of operations for the Reaper's Bones.|
|"Uncharted Island (K-9)"
(No official name)
|K-9||The Shores of Plenty||The island also sits atop a cave system containing a Skeleton Throne. A Coral Inu can be found on the island's beach.|
|"Uncharted Island (N-13)"
(No official name)
|N-13||The Wilds||Known for its coral reefs, Ancient underwater cave, and the Magpie's Wing shipwreck.|
|"Uncharted Island (K-11)"
(no official name)
|K-11||No associated region||Location of The Glorious Sea Dog, tavern and home to the Sea Dogs.|
|Tribute Peak||Y-3||The Devil's Shroud||Also known as "The Shores of Gold". |
|Old Sailor's Isle||n/a||Outside The Sea of Thieves||An island located in the world beyond The Devil's Shroud. |
Visited during the Maiden Voyage.
Other notable locations:
- 1.1.2 (June 13, 2018)
- Further improvements to load times and streaming of islands.
- 1.1.1 (June 5, 2018)
- Further improvements to frame rate when streaming islands.
- 1.0.8 (May 23, 2018)
- Frame rates while streaming islands have been improved.
- 1.0.4 (April 18, 2018)
- Increased quality of island rendering at a distance when using the spyglass on all quality settings on both platforms.
- 1.0.1 (March 27, 2018)
- Lighting has been tweaked in order to improve performance on multiple islands.
- Sizeable framerate improvements when traversing large islands.
- First Release (March 20, 2018)