|This article is about the Bilge Rat Adventure. For the Content Update, see Legends of the Sea (Content Update).|
|Legends of the Sea|
|Type||Bilge Rat Adventure|
|Location||Lagoon of Whispers|
|“||Help Umbra chronicle an ever-growing list of legends - pirates just like you who left their mark on the Sea of Thieves.|
Legends of the Sea is the name of a Bilge Rat Adventure released as part of the January 2020 Legends of the Seas update for Sea of Thieves. The Adventure takes Players to Lagoon of Whispers where Umbra has set camp and is collecting Tales of Legendary Adventurers, that are immortalised all over The Sea of Thieves, in exchange for unique Tattoos in honour of these legends.
Umbra has appeared in The Sea of Thieves on Lagoon of Whispers, chronicling stories of various Legendary Player Pirates to have left their marks here. With the Legends of the Sea (Content Update), every major Easter Egg in Sea of Thieves has been made interactive. Once inspected, they provide the story behind these in-game immortalisations along with Commendations, which unlock various unique themed Tattoos for purchase from Umbra. The locations of the Easter Eggs are hinted at in the Legends of the Sea tab under the Bilge Rats Commendation menu. Additionally, Umbra has left 10 Journals all across The Sea of Thieves documenting the changes to Sea of Thieves in past Bilge Rat Adventures.
Lagoon of Whispers Journals
There are three Journals on Lagoon of Whispers written by Umbra that tell of her story and motivations. Note that these Journals have no Commendations tied to them, they just provide background to how Umbra made it to The Sea of Thieves.
There is a journal here, hand-written in a hasty fashion.
This journal is written in a steady hand, by someone taking their time.
This journal talks about a daring escape.
Legends of the Sea Journals
There are 10 numbered Journals written by Umbra hidden in specific locations related to past Content Updates, chronicling the changes made by those events. These books have Commendations tied to them, rewarding Doubloons upon first reading them.
Find Umbra's book on Devil's Ridge, overlooking the sea. The Journal is on a southern rock formation.
This book is about the arrival of The Hungering One... signed by ‘Umbra’.
This book is about the origins of The Warsmith… signed by ‘Umbra’
This book is about the fate of the Forsaken Shores Alliance... signed by ‘Umbra’.
Find Umbra's book on The Crooked Masts, under a beacon's light. On the platform by the Festival of the Damned Beacon atop The Crooked Masts, can only be reached via shooting yourself with the Ship's Cannons.
This book is about the Festival of the Damned… signed by ‘Umbra’.
This book is about the hunting of Krakens… signed by ‘Umbra’.
Find Umbra's book in the Pirate Legend Hideout, safely shelved away.
This book is about a man named 'Ramsey' and the Gold Hoarder... signed by 'Umbra'.
Find Umbra's book on Hidden Spring Keep, overlooking the fort. Atop the southern climbable watchtower.
This book is about Duke selling gunpowder to the Trading Companies… signed by ‘Umbra’.
This book is about the theft of the Dark Relics… signed by ‘Umbra’.
This book is about Duke’s business and the arrival of the Emporium… signed by ‘Umbra’
Find Umbra's book in the Fort of the Damned, discussing the supernatural. On the western climbable watchtower by the Fortress structure.
This book is about the appearance of the Fort of the Damned... signed by 'Umbra'.
The Legend of Glitterbeard Journals
The Easter Eggs are categorised into 10 groups, each group consisting of 5 stories of Legendary Pirates from across The Sea of Thieves. Upon interacting with these Easter Eggs, player will receive Commendations and can unlock special Tattoos for purchase from Umbra.
For a list of all the immortalisations, see Easter Eggs.
- Umbra’s Chronicle Tattoo Set - 12,150 - This curious set of intertwining tattoos tells the most important tales that Umbra has uncovered.
- The Sea’s Most Wanted Tattoo Set - 12,150 - These tattoos honour some of the most felonious pirates to blight the Sea of Thieves!
- The Daredevils Tattoo Set - 12,150 - For those pirates who love nothing more than to take ridiculous risks.
- The Loveable Rogues Tattoo Set - 12,150 - Some pirates end up being so popular, it really warms the heart. Even more than a firebomb.
- The Insatiable Tattoo Set - 12,150 - This tattoo set commemorates some of the greediest pirates ever, in food and gold.
- The Swashbucklers Tattoo Set - 12,150 - We must remember those pirates who really got their teeth into the business, for better or worse.
- The Artistic Souls Tattoo Set - 12,150 - Between fighting and looting, some pirates have earned great respect by painting and drawing.
- The Piratical Jokers Tattoo Set - 12,150 - These tattoos remind us that a pirate with a sense of humour will always raise their crew’s spirits.
- The Pirate Scribes Tattoo Set - 12,150 - Some pirates love to write, once they’ve learned how to. These tattoos honour their work.
- The Gift Givers Tattoo Set - 12,150 - Remember the most generous pirates of our times and seek to uphold their kindness.
- The Early Settlers Tattoo Set - 12,150 - Once the Pirate Lord showed the way, a few notorious pirates came and made their marks here.
133,650 Gold Total
The following are all the Commendations related to Legends of the Sea:
Legends of the Sea Books:
- A Living History → Find Umbra on the Lagoon of Whispers and begin uncovering the tales of legendary pirates. | 5
- Legends of the Sea I → Find Umbra's book on Devil's Ridge, overlooking the sea. | 5
- Legends of the Sea II → Find Umbra's book on Crescent Isle, where Salty once rested. | 5
- Legends of the Sea III → Find Umbra's book on The Devil's Thirst, at a small camp. | 5
- Legends of the Sea IV → Find Umbra's book on The Crooked Masts, under a beacon's light. | 5
- Legends of the Sea V → Find Umbra's book on Kraken's Fall, near a camp to the north-east and the remains of a Kraken. | 5
- Legends of the Sea VI → Find Umbra's book in the Pirate Legend Hideout, safely shelved away. | 5
- Legends of the Sea VII → Find Umbra's book on Hidden Spring Keep, overlooking the fort. | 5
- Legends of the Sea VIII → Find Umbra's book on Shipwreck Bay, tucked away inside a wreck. | 5
- Legends of the Sea IX → Find Umbra's book at the Wild Treasures Store, a Seapost out in the Wilds. | 5
- Legends of the Sea X → Find Umbra's book in the Fort of the Damned, discussing the supernatural. | 5
- Umbra's Observations → Discover all of Umbra's Journals. | 25
The Sea's Most Wanted:
- The Fox in the Snake → Have a drink in the tavern at Dagger Tooth and you're sure to learn of this deadly pirate. | 5
- Missing, Presumed Pirating → Near the central rock of Lone Cove, a poster remains for a missing pirate. | 5
- Self-Promoting Pistol Pirate → Dagger Tooth is known for deadly criminals, as a poster on the water tower suggests. | 5
- Join the Club → On Mermaid's Hideaway, a popular pirate created a social spot overlooking the sea. | 5
- Nice to be Wanted → A popular pirate took refuge near some building remains, on an island in the Shores of Plenty. | 5
- The Sea's Most Wanted → Complete all (5) the Commendations within this collection. | 25
- Sleeping with the Fishes → They say a pirate met his fate on the shores of Mermaid's Hideaway. | 5
- Aim High → On Plunder Outpost, a pirate who liked high places came to rest in a hard-to-reach spot. | 5
- ...And Not a Drop Spilled → The tavern at Ancient Spire Outpost has an unusual sign dedicated to an unusual pirate. | 5
- Not All Falcons Fly → On Shipwreck Bay, they say a pirate's bones can be found beside a legendary shipwreck. | 5
- Run Aground → On Salty Sands, a moment when shark triumphed over pirate was captured in art. | 5
- The Daredevils → Complete all (5) the Commendations within this collection. | 25
The Loveable Rogues:
- Not Just For Sweeping → There must be a story behind this unusual tavern sign on Sanctuary Outpost. | 5
- Bound by a Book → On Smuggler's Bay, in a dark cave, a talented pair left one of their legendary creations. | 5
- Snake Charmer → A famous reptile lover spends their time on an appropriately named island, atop a central shine. | 5
- Dog Days → There is a hidden camp on Mermaid's Hideaway, made by a popular pirate. | 5
- Pirate Port Pals → Two talkative pirates left their tankards on an Outpost made of golden sand, a perfect spot to chat. | 5
- The Loveable Rogues → Complete all (5) the Commendations within this collection. | 25
- Death by Banana → This pirate lost their way on the beach of Marauder's Arch, and tried to survive on just bananas... | 5
- ZZ Marks the Spot → A tavern regular at Plunder Outpost became part of the furniture. | 5
- Going Bananas → Word tells of an unusual barrel on Sanctuary Outpost, near the water tower. | 5
- Famously Frugal → In Lost Gold Fort in The Ancient Isles, a list honours the greediest of pirates... | 5
- A Hairy Legacy → Show Umbra the Legacy Beard by speaking to her while wearing it. | 5
- The Insatiable → Complete all (5) the Commendations within this collection. | 25
- Wide of the Mark → A pirate with dubious aim left an unmarked target atop Smuggler's Bay. | 5
- Precision Pirating → The Weaponsmith's shop on Galleon's Grave boasts a famous patron. | 5
- Legendary Larceny → On Smuggler's Bay lived a pirate famed for his stolen hoard. He left a mark on the Southwest Beach. | 5
- Buckets of Fun → Umbra heard that on Sanctuary Outpost, a tireless worker’s bucket was proudly hung on display. | 5
- A Venomous Attack → They say that Shark Fin Camp was once defeated by very unusual means. | 5
- The Swashbucklers → Complete all (5) the Commendations within this collection. | 25
The Artistic Souls:
- A Musical Family → Ancient Spire Outpost played host to a kind and gifted musician, who later sold her instrument. | 5
- Still Life → Sanctuary Outpost is a beautiful place. Rumour has it the tavern hosts some legendary art. | 5
- Dressed to Impress → In the tavern at Ancient Spire Outpost, there is a painting of four very fancy pirates. | 5
- Through The Eyes of a Child → A young cartographer was known to hone their skills at a camp on Smuggler's Bay. | 5
- Pirates in Portrait → On Sailor's Bounty, a set of portraits by a talented pirate await delivery. | 5
- The Artistic Souls → Complete all (5) the Commendations within this collection. | 25
The Piratical Jokers:
- Merrick Roll → Rumours speak of an odd book left at The Reaper's Hideout... could be a dangerous campsite to visit. | 5
- Killer Qualifications → On Golden Sands, filling your crew is easy when the pirates advertise in the tavern. | 5
- Dances with Chickens → Rumour has it that a strange scene was painted on a large rock on Chicken Isle. | 5
- Familial Resemblance → They say that where Merrick once camped on Shark Bait Cove, his son now displays a portrait. | 5
- Purply Pretty → Show Umbra the Amethyst Angel hair dye by speaking to her while wearing it. | 5
- The Piratical Jokers → Complete all (5) the Commendations within this collection. | 25
The Pirate Scribes:
- One Cross Pirate → Rumour says that there's a lot of undelivered mail left in some rubble on Sanctuary Outpost. | 5
- Points of Contention → Over at Golden Sands, Umbra heard of a pirate who loved to write down their thoughts. | 5
- Helping Hands → Five names are scratched into a rock on Cannon Cove, found by walking inland from the dock. | 5
- See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil → On Sanctuary Outpost, this flag was raised whenever a pirate stepped out of line. | 5
- Scruffy Scribe → A poetic pirate left a scruffy book inside a cave at Shark Bait Cove, beside a shrine. | 5
- The Pirate Scribes → Complete all (5) the Commendations within this collection. | 25
The Gift Givers:
- Delicious Delivery → They say that an unusual merchant delivery ended up on the docks at Morrow's Peak. | 5
- May Contain Boom → A pirate once made quite the bang over at Golden Sands, somewhere behind the shops... | 5
- Big Love in a Small Package → A parcel and hat on the dock at Galleon's Grave suggest that the Wilds may be civilised after all. | 5
- Putting the Ship in Friendship → At The Finest Trading Post is a fine work of craftswomanship. | 5
- Charitable Pirating → Show Umbra the Stream Sailor makeup by speaking to her while wearing it. | 5
- The Gift Givers → Complete all (5) the Commendations within this collection. | 25
The Early Settlers:
- Who's a Good Boy? → On Galleon's Grave, high up on the wreck, there lived a dog of legendary adorableness. | 5
- Fool's Gold → On Cannon Cove, a pirate once thought outside the barrel when it came to making money. | 5
- Nesting Spot → High as a Crow's Nest, at Crow's Nest Fortress... | 5
- Hallowed Ground → Stories abound of a pirate brazen enough to deface even the Ferry of the Damned! | 5
- Pirate Leg End → Show Umbra the Sea Dog Pegleg by speaking to her while wearing it. | 5
- The Early Settlers → Complete all (5) the Commendations within this collection. | 25
- - -
- Chronicler of Legend → Uncover the first 10 collections of Legends for Umbra. | 50