Outposts are one of the Location types in Sea of Thieves. They are Island towns with a variety of characters and man-made structures that offer various services. Several Outposts are spread throughout the Sea of Thieves map.
Outposts serve a number of purposes:
- Outposts are where new crews and their Ships spawn when beginning a game, or sometimes after their Ship is sunk.
- Outposts contain Shops where Cosmetics for any Items can be purchased. Each Outpost contains one of each Shop.
- Representatives of Trading Companies can be found at Outposts, from whom Voyages, Promotions, thematic Cosmetics and Emissary Flags can be purchased. Every Representative has an Emissary Table next to them.
- Several Barrels can be found among the structures, where consumable Ship resources can be collected, like Cannonballs, Wooden Planks, Bait, and Fruit.
- Quest Boards are found by on the docks of every Outpost, where players can take or place custom Treasure Maps.
List of Outposts
Outposts and their Map coordinates: