|Source||Cannonball Crate of the Damned|
|“||A tormented spirit from a spectral realm. It strikes like a cannonball.|
The Phantom Cannonball is a type of Cursed Cannonball Item in Sea of Thieves. The Phantomball is essentially a reskin of the regular Cannonball. Phantomballs glow akin to Green Cursed Cannonballs and shoot ghostly phantoms from Cannons.
Where to Find
Phantomballs are used as ammunition for loading up and shooting with Cannons. A Phantomball needs to be loaded inside an empty Cannon before it can be used as ammunition. Phantomballs emit a green ghostly smoke akin to Green Cursed Cannonballs from the Cannon when loaded. Once a Cannon is loaded, the player can manually aim the cannon with
Directional keys and then Shoot the projectile with the
Primary Use key. As the fired Cannonball's firing trajectory and arc is influenced by the angle of the Cannon and the sailing speed of the Ship, hitting targets with Cannonballs requires some practice.
Phantomballs are identical to regular Cannonballs in damage, range and arc. The main difference between the two projectiles is purely audio-visual.
Phantom Cannonballs share their Inventory Storage space with Cursed Cannonballs.
- Up to 10 total Phantom Cannonballs can be held in a Player's inventory at one time.
- Up to 50 Phantom Cannonballs can be stored inside a Cannonball Crate of the Damned.
- A single Phantomball can be loaded into any Cannon, signified by a fuse appearing on front of the Cannon and green coloured smoke appearing from its muzzle.
- Up to 100 Phantomballs can be stored in one storage space of a Barrel at a time. A single Ship's Cannonball Barrel can carry up to 3 pages, i.e. 4800 total Resources.
- Up to 20 Phantomballs can be stored in one storage space of the Rowboat Chest. A single Rowboat's Chest can carry a maximum of 2 pages, i.e. 640 total Resources.
- Up to 100 Phantomballs can be stored in one storage space of a Storage Crate. A single Storage Crate can carry a maximum of 16 storage spaces, i.e. 1600 total Resources .
- Phantom Cannonballs cannot be stored inside regular Cannonball Crates.
"A tormented spirit from a spectral realm. It strikes like a cannonball."