The Plant Skeleton is a variant of skeleton found in the Sea of Thieves. They do not spawn regularly on islands and can only be found as part of Order of Souls Bounty Voyage missions, in waves on a Skeleton Fort, or on the a Skeleton Ship.
Plant Skeletons have the similar stats to a regular skeleton, except for possibly lower overall health, and their ability to heal rapidly when exposed to water. Like other variants of Skeletons, they can spawn with a Cutlass, a Pistol or a Blunderbuss, or no weapon at all (unarmed attacks). On Skeleton Ships, they can spawn with an Eye of Reach in Crow's Nests. They can eat a banana to recover some of their health.
Tips and Tricks
- Community reports imply that Plant Skeletons take more damage from cutlasses and/or that they have fewer hit-points than regular skeletons.
- They are, however, believed to be more resistant to firearms then regular skeletons.
- While standing in water or rain Plant Skeletons heal rapidly. This state is signified by a soft-glow sound effect and pink spore-like lights surrounding them. So it's recommended to fight them away from these sources of water, although one can easily out damage their healing with some concentrated effort.
- As is true with the other skeleton types, a Gunpowder Barrel or well positioned Cannon can be very effective at speeding up a fight with Plant Skeletons.
- Plant Skeletons are often considered one the easiest of the skeleton variants, and should not be feared unless they are exposed to water.
|Plant Skeleton Commendations|
|Plant Skeleton Exploder||Kill 3 Plant Skeletons at the same time by shooting a gunpowder skeleton, 3 times||5|
|Master Plant Skeleton Exploder||Kill 3 Plant Skeletons at the same time by shooting a gunpowder skeleton, 10 times||10|
|Fried Plant Skeletons||Use fire against 3 Plant Skeletons at once, 10 times.||10|
|Raging Fried Plant Skeletons||Use fire against 3 Plant Skeletons at once, 50 times.||25|
Note: There are multiple other commendations which these skeletons can contribute to, for which it does not matter that they are Plant Skeletons.
For example: As Plant Skeletons can spawn with Gunpowder Barrels on Skeleton Forts, they can contribute toward the Chain Reaction and Gunpowder Plot commendations. Also, the The Flame of Cursed Bones commendation can be completed by dying to one of these and fetching the flame from the Ferry of the Damned. Likewise, these can be killed while under the influence of green-colored Cursed Cannonballs to get the commendations related to doing that.
- The Plant Skeleton is sometimes called the "Green Skeleton," the "Overgrown Skeleton," or the "Floral Skeleton."
- Some other names for these Skeletons are "Leafy bois", "Salad bois", "Salads", "Vegans" and other variants on plant based humour.