|Type||Reaper's Bones Treasure|
|Sell to||The Servant of the Flame|
|Base Gold Reward||10,000|
The Reaper's Bounty is one of the two Reaper's Boxes in Sea of Thieves. Reaper's Bounties are cursed with the Reaper's Mark, which always indicates the location of the chest either with a light Beacon or a Gold Skull Icon on Map Tables. These Chests are very valuable to the Reaper's Bones who are willing to offer a large sum of Gold for them.
Cursed Effects[edit | edit source]
Due to the Reaper's Mark attached to the Box, its location is always visible as soon as it is unearthed or washed up from the seas. Before the Box is claimed by any Crews or Players, it will shoot up a swirling Yellow beacon of light. Once claimed/touched, the beacon will disappear. The location of a Reaper's Bounty is always visible on Map Tables, indicated by a Gold and Black Skull pin. The high value and visibility of these Chests makes them easy targets.
Where to Find[edit | edit source]
Reaper's Bounties can be found from the following sources:
- Random chance to spawn in Shipwrecks
- 0-2 Guaranteed in a completed Fort of the Damned Raid Vault (either Reaper's Chests or Reaper's Bounties)
- Possible reward for various time-limited Mercenary Voyages
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Reaper's Bounties can be sold to The Servant of the Flame at The Reaper’s Hideout for Gold and Reaper's Bones Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Reaper's Bones Emissary). Reaper's Bounties offer higher Reputation gains for Reaper's Bones Emissaries than other Treasure.
The following is the reward chart for the sold Chest:
|Emissary Grade||Gold||Emissary Value|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up and placing Reaper's Boxes on a Ship for the first time gives Emissary Grade Reputation to Emissary Ships representing the Reaper's Bones.
- All Reaper's Boxes emit a White Glint from a distance.
- Reaper's Boxes can be caught with a Harpoon.
- A Reaper's Bounty gives off a low and ominous burning sound.
- There have to be at least 3 Crews in a server for Reaper's Boxes to have a chance to spawn.
- Reaper's Boxes spawn inside random Shipwrecks every hour after the Server start time. This is a good indicator of global Barrels respawns as well that replenish their contents every 30 minutes. The Boxes also despawn with Shipwrecks if they haven't been interacted with for more than a few hours.
- It is possible to find more than one Reaper's Bounty in a single Shipwreck.
- Up to 5 Reaper's Boxes have been spotted to spawn at the same time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Reaper's Boxes are reskins of the Box of Wondrous Secrets.
- The Reaper's Bounty Chests could initially be sold to the Masked Stranger at The Reaper's Hideout for 25,000 before the Reaper's Bones set up shop there.
Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Filling the Coffers → Sell 50 Reaper's Bounties while flying the Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Plundered Prizes → Sell 600 of any Trading Company items while flying the Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Fearless Reaper → Sell 320 of any Trading Company items while flying a Grade 5 Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Reapers Tribute of Bounty → Deliver a Reaper's Bounty to The Reaper's Hideout. | +10
- Great Reapers Tribute of Bounty → Deliver 3 Reaper's Bounties to The Reaper's Hideout. | +25
- Grand Reapers Tribute of Bounty → Deliver 5 Reaper's Bounties to The Reaper's Hideout. | +50
Pirate Chat[edit | edit source]
Here is the Pirate Chat Wheel of the Chest: