|Type||Reaper's Bones Treasure|
|Sell to||The Servant of the Flame|
|Base Doubloon Reward||25|
The Reaper's Chest is one of the two Reaper's Boxes in Sea of Thieves. Reaper's Chests are cursed with the Reaper's Mark, which always indicates the location of the chest either with a light Beacon or a Red Skull Icon on Map Tables. These Chests are very valuable to the Reaper's Bones who are willing to offer a large sum of Doubloons for them.
Cursed Effects[edit | edit source]
Due to the Reaper's Mark attached to the Chest, its location is always visible as soon as it is unearthed or washed up from the seas. Before the chest is claimed by any Crews or Players, it will shoot up a swirling Red and Green beacon of light. Once claimed/touched, the beacon will disappear. The location of a Reaper's Chest is always visible on Map Tables, indicated by a Red and Black Skull pin. The high value and visibility of these Chests makes them easy targets.
Where to Find[edit | edit source]
Reaper's Chests can be found from the following sources:
- Random chance to spawn in Shipwrecks
- 0-2 Guaranteed in a completed Fort of the Damned Raid Vault (either Reaper's Chests or Reaper's Bounties)
- Rare chance to spawn at Order of Souls Trading Companies
- Possible reward for various time-limited Mercenary Voyages
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Reaper's Chests can be sold to The Servant of the Flame at The Reaper’s Hideout for Doubloons and Reaper's Bones Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Reaper's Bones Emissary). Reaper's Chests offer higher Reputation gains for Reaper's Bones Emissaries than other Treasure.
The following is the reward chart for the sold Chest:
|Emissary Grade||Doubloons||Emissary Value|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Picking up and placing Reaper's Boxes on a Ship for the first time gives Emissary Grade Reputation to Emissary Ships representing the Reaper's Bones.
- All Reaper's Boxes emit a White Glint from a distance.
- Reaper's Boxes can be caught with a Harpoon.
- A Reaper's Chest gives off a low and ominous burning sound.
- There have to be at least 3 Crews in a server for Reaper's Boxes to have a chance to spawn.
- Reaper's Boxes spawn inside random Shipwrecks every hour after the Server start time. This is a good indicator of global Barrels respawns as well that replenish their contents every 30 minutes. The Boxes also despawn with Shipwrecks if they haven't been interacted with for more than a few hours.
- It is possible to find more than one Reaper's Chest in a single Shipwreck.
- Up to 5 Reaper's Chests have been spotted to spawn at the same time.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Reaper's Boxes are reskins of the Box of Wondrous Secrets.
- An opened Reaper's Chest could be found on The Reaper’s Hideout before the Reaper's Bones Company moved in.
- The Reaper's Chests came out with the Dark Relics (Content Update) and could initially only be sold to Duke as Bilge Rats Treasure in Taverns. With the release of the Reaper's Bounty, the Chests were no longer interesting to Duke and could only be sold to the Masked Stranger at The Reaper’s Hideout before the Reaper's Bones set up shop.
Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Following the Call → Sell 50 Reaper's Chests while flying the Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Plundered Prizes → Sell 600 of any Trading Company items while flying the Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Fearless Reaper → Sell 320 of any Trading Company items while flying a Grade 5 Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Cursed Cargo → Sell a Reaper's Chest. +10
- Reaping Rewards → Sell 3 Reaper's Chests. +25
- Risking It All → Sell 5 Reaper's Chests. +50
Pirate Chat[edit | edit source]
Here is the Pirate Chat Wheel of the Chest: