Where to find
Riggingballs have a low chance to appear in Barrels all over the world. Riggingballs can also be unloaded from Cannons that have been loaded with a Riggingball. Some Skeleton Ships use Riggingballs as a part of their arsenal.
Riggingballs are mainly used as ammunition for loading up and shooting with Cannons. A Riggingball needs to be loaded inside an empty Cannon before it can be used as ammunition. Once a Cannon is loaded, the player can manually aim the Cannon with
Directional keys and then Shoot the Riggingball with the
Primary Use key. As the fired Cannonball's firing trajectory and arc is influenced by the angle of the Cannon and the sailing speed of the Ship, hitting targets with Cannonballs requires some practice.
Riggingballs are used to Curse Ships or Skeleton Ships by forcing all of their Sails to be raised. The Sails can immediately be lowered again after being hit by a Riggingball. Skeleton Ships will automatically lower their Sails as soon as the Riggingball's effect wanes. Note that Riggingballs do not do direct damage to a Ship or Enemies, therefore being useless against live targets.
- Up to 10 total Riggingballs can be held in a player's inventory at one time.
- A single Riggingball can be loaded into any Cannon, signified by a fuse appearing on front of the Cannon and purple coloured smoke appearing from its muzzle.
- Up to 100 Riggingballs can be stored in one storage space of a Barrel at a time. A single Ship's Cannonball Barrel can carry up to 3 pages worth (i.e. 4800) of Riggingballs.
- Up to 20 Riggingballs can be stored in one storage space of the Rowboat Chest. A single Rowboat's Chest can carry a maximum of 2 pages worth (i.e. 640) of Riggingballs.
Raises the sails of an enemy ship, resulting in all manner of beautiful chaos.
- Description changed from "Slow the enemy down with a ball that becalms their ship." to "Raises the sails of an enemy ship, resulting in all manner of beautiful chaos.".
- Now available for player use. Can be found in barrels and crates around the world.
- Introduced as a resource used exclusively by Skeleton Ships.