The Rowboat is a miniature vessel in Sea of Thieves that can be used by a single player to slowly travel the seas or to make hauling large quantities of Treasure easier. It spawns on Islands, and can be docked aboard the stern of Ships.
Where to Find
A Rowboat has a chance to appear on any Islands with the exception of Outposts and Seaposts. Rowboats that spawn on Forts often get stuck in the heavy fortifications and cannot be retrieved as easily.
Any rowboat left behind by a Ship will stay afloat at that spot. Due to this, Rowboats can often be found floating by Outposts, as any Rowboat docked on a Ship whose Crew has left the game after a turn-in will stay afloat.
Some Rowboats will spawn with a Harpoon attached above the Lantern on the front, making it possible to pick up Items or floating Barrels, other Players or latch onto and surf behind Ships, Skeleton Ships or even Megalodons.
Each Rowboat has a Supply Box on the back seat that can be used to store Resources.
The Rowboat Chest has 16 slots that can each hold up to 20 of any Resource Items. The maximum Storage capacity of a Rowboat Chest is 320 Items.
The Rowboat Chest is still accessible after the Rowboat itself breaks, allowing Players to save any valuable Supplies in the Chest. The Rowboat itself will disappear within a minute, taking the Chest and all remaining Supplies with it.
Every ship has a Rowboat Dock at the stern, allowing crews to transport a Rowboat across long distances. In order to Dock a Rowboat, a Player needs to row it behind a Ship until the Dock Rowboat prompt comes up. A Rowboat can be Docked from anywhere close to the stern of the ship, even in water, however it can only be Undocked on the Ship.
- The rowboat is small enough to fit through tight spaces that ships cannot access, making it an ideal transport vessel for smuggling treasure.
- A rowboat has four seats arranged 1:2:1 with the front pilot seat facing backwards.
- Each rowboat has a lantern in the front that can be turned on and off and also equipped with Flames of Fate.
- Pets can be placed to perch on a rowboat.
- Should the ship be sunk, the rowboat automatically detaches, allowing surviving crew members to gather their belongings.
- A rowboat can be damaged into an unusable state, disabling all functions, after which it will disappear, dropping any loot placed onto it.
- Rowboat handling is affected when carrying a Chest of a Thousand Grogs on your back.