|Shadows of Fate|
|Location||Fort of the Damned|
Shadows of Fate look like Shadow Skeletons and must be defeated in a similar fashion, using light from a lantern, as they can not be killed in their shadow form. Unlike Shadow Skeletons, Shadows of Fate retain their shadowy form at all times, until exposed to a lantern with a Flames of Fate matching their colour. Shadows of Fate come in 6 colours, corresponding to coloured Flames of Fate Lantern Flames: Blue, Green, Red, White, Pink and Purple. In order to defeat Shadows of Fate, a player must acquire a Flame of Fate in their Lantern matching the Skeleton's colour and then raise the lantern (
Secondary Use) within proximity to the Shadows of Fate. At this point, the Skeletons bones will materialize and become vulnerable for around 10-15 seconds.
Fort of the Damned Raid
Shadows of Fate mainly appear as a part of the Fort of the Damned Raid. They spawn in 12 waves and can also be summoned by the Raid boss Ghost of Graymarrow. The first four waves are comprised of 8-10 single coloured Shadows of Fate, the second four waves of two different Shadows of Fate an the last four waves of three different Shadows of Fate. These Skeletons can spawn either without a weapon, with a Cutlass, Flintlock Pistol or a Blunderbuss. On every 4th wave, one or two Shadows of Fate can spawn with a Gunpowder Barrel (Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel during the last 12th wave). Ghost of Graymarrow can spawn up to 3 different colours of Shadows of Fate at once.
The corresponding Flames of Fate necessary to kill these Skeletons can be acquired from the Ferryman Statues in the main Fortress building. To help players know, which coloured Skeletons have spawned during the current wave, ghostly white hands appear from the grates under that colour Ferryman Statue.
A single Green and Red Shadow of Fate Skeleton are guaranteed to spawn during the Athena’s Run of Thieves’ Haven Mercenary Voyage available for Pirate Legends from the Bilge Rats for 50 Doubloons. A Green Shadow of Fate will spawn after digging up a Collector's Chest during the second Chapter and a Red Shadow of Fate will spawn after digging up the Collector's Chest of the fourth Chapter. When killed, the Skeletons have a chance to drop either a Skull of Ancient Fortune or Villainous Skull of Ancient Fortune.
Fate of the Damned Voyages
Fort of the Damned Mercenary Voyages (Legacy)
Fort of the Damned Commendations:
- Sent Crying Back to the Sea → Defeat 5 blue Shadows of Fate. | +5
- Sent Screaming Back to the Sea → Defeat 25 blue Shadows of Fate. | +10
- Sent Wailing Back to the Sea → Defeat 50 blue Shadows of Fate. | +25
- Cooling Burning Hearts → Defeat 5 red Shadows of Fate. | +5
- Dousing Burning Hearts → Defeat 25 red Shadows of Fate. | +10
- Snuffing Burning Hearts → Defeat 50 red Shadows of Fate. | +25
- Cursed Bones Laid to Rest → Defeat 5 green Shadows of Fate. | +5
- Cursed Bones Exorcised → Defeat 25 green Shadows of Fate. | +10
- Cursed Bones Buried Deep → Defeat 50 green Shadows of Fate. | +25
- Lightning-struck Skeletons Discharged → Defeat 5 white Shadows of Fate. | +5
- Lightning-struck Skeletons Earthed → Defeat 25 white Shadows of Fate. | +10
- Lightning-struck Skeletons Grounded → Defeat 50 white Shadows of Fate. | +25
- Envenomed and Ensnared → Defeat 5 purple Shadows of Fate. | +5
- Envenomed and Ended → Defeat 25 purple Shadows of Fate. | +10
- Envenomed and Entombed → Defeat 50 purple Shadows of Fate. | +25
- One More Fight → Defeat 5 pink Shadows of Fate. | +5
- One More Battle → Defeat 25 pink Shadows of Fate. | +10
- One More War → Defeat 50 pink Shadows of Fate. | +25
- A Spectrum of Shadows → Defeat each colour of Shadow of Fate. | +10