How to find
- A large flock of Seagulls flying above an area at sea indicates a shipwreck is below. (A small flock signifies Barrels of Plenty.)
- Sometimes a portion of the Shipwreck is visible above the water surface, however there are also many wrecks that are below the surface.
- Several Shipwrecks will appear at a time, spread across all regions at preset locations.
Shipwrecks will often contain:
- 1 - 5 pieces of random Treasure, particularly Treasure Chests (Shipwrecked), Bounty Skulls, Cargo Crates, Supply Crates, Gunpowder Barrels, and Mermaid Gems.
- Barrels with a variety of Resources, including Fish/Meats varying from raw to burnt.
- Message in a Bottle floating freely in the lower decks.
- Wooden Planks floating freely in the lower decks.
- Fruit floating freely in the lower decks.
- 1 or more Trident of Dark Tides.
Treasure can spawn in the lower decks, the Captain's Cabin & balcony, or Crow's Nest.
- Hoarder of Barnacled Gold → Sell 300 Shipwrecked Chests to the Gold Hoarders. | Unlocks The Silent Barnacle Set items for purchase.
Shipwrecks spawn at random locations, but their names are taken from a list. These are the currently-known Shipwreck names:
- The Wreck of the Blessing of Athena
- The Wreck of the Bloody Death
- The Wreck of the Cursed Dawn
- The Wreck of the Damned Hydra
- The Wreck of the Devil's Rage
- The Wreck of the Feared Dragon
- The Wreck of the Flying Hell
- The Wreck of the Forsaken Serpent
- The Wreck of the Foul Eel
- The Wreck of the Hangman's Hate
- The Wreck of the Hellborn Mermaid
- The Wreck of the Howling Beast
- The Wreck of the Liar's Fortune
- The Wreck of the Marauder's Revenge
- The Wreck of the Siren's Gale
- The Wreck of the Wrath of Hades
- While collisions with most stationary objects usually cause Ship damage, colliding with a Shipwreck currently does not cause damage.
- Currently, shipwrecks found in Devil's Roar may yield Ashen loot.
- Wreckers can be caught with a Fishing Rod and Earthworms at shipwrecks
- Sirens will often spawn at shipwrecks with players present. Their approach is signaled by their eerie song.