Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel
|Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel|
|Sell to||Senior Traders or The Servant of the Flame|
|Base Gold Reward||2,750-6,000|
Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels are a highly volatile Explosive in Sea of Thieves. They can be found being carried or guarded by Skeletons. These Barrels can be sold to the Merchant Alliance Representative Senior Traders on the dock of every Outpost for Gold and Reputation.
Where to Find[edit | edit source]
- Dropped by Stronghold Gunpowder Skeletons when killed with caution:
- 1 Guaranteed inside completed Skeleton Fort Vaults
- 4 Guaranteed inside completed Fort of the Damned Raid Vaults
- Chance to find inside sunken Shipwrecks on the seas
- Guaranteed dig up from the time limited Black Powder Stashes Mercenary Voyages
Usage[edit | edit source]
Primary Use of a barrel in hand will light a 6s fuse to detonate, but can be cancelled by
Secondary Use. The barrel can be picked up while the fuse is lit.
The Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel will immediately detonate if shot, struck, caught in an explosion, or upon contact with the outside of a ship hull. The explosion will damage all nearby pirates and Creatures (based on distance) within 9 paces of the detonating barrel, and damage any Ship within the explosion distance.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels can be sold to:
- Merchant Alliance Senior Traders stationed at the docks of Outposts for Gold and Merchant Alliance Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Merchant Alliance Emissary)
- The Servant of the Flame at The Reaper’s Hideout for Gold and Reaper's Bones Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Reaper's Bones Emissary)
The following is the reward chart for the sold Barrel:
|Emissary Grade||Gold (Min.)||Gold (Max.)||Emissary Value|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels are counted as Gunpowder Barrels, meaning that you can turn in a Stronghold Barrel in to a Gunpowder Barrel Trade Good Commission. However, this does not affect the reward, making it more effective to turn in a regular barrel for the Commission instead.
- Picking up and placing Gunpowder Barrels on a Ship for the first time does not give Emissary Grade Reputation to Trading Company Emissaries. Only selling a Barrel as part of a Trade Good Commission offers Emissary Grade Reputation as Merchant Alliance Emissaries.
- Gunpowder Barrels do not emit a Glint or Glow from a distance.
- Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels are 3x more effective than regular Gunpowder Barrels, dealing damage in a considerably larger radius of the Ship.
- Ship collision will not detonate the barrel while carried in hand, however sailing into one even slowly will cause the barrel to detonate.
- Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels can be grabbed with a Harpoon, even from the hands of Pirates or Skeletons.
- When a Player is holding a Gunpowder Barrel, only Skeletons with hands or Cutlasses with weapons can set off the keg. Shots from Weapons or Cannons will not detonate a held Keg.
- Blowing up a Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel in your hand on a Ship will count as a Cannonball hit, meaning that a player can destroy a Skeleton Ship with a Keg and it will count as a kill.
- Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels will blow up if they are within the area of effect of a thrown Throwable.
- A Stronghold Gunpowder Barrel held by a player or Skeleton who is on fire will explode after a short period of time.
Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Black Powder Merchant → Deliver 100 Gunpowder Kegs on schedule
- Precious Commodities → Deliver 600 Merchant Alliance Consignments while flying the Merchant Alliance Emissary Flag.
- Prestigious Merchant → Deliver 320 Merchant Alliance Consignments while flying a Grade 5 Merchant Alliance Emissary Flag.
- Cargo Captured → Deliver 480 Merchant Alliance Consignments to the Reaper's Bones
- Plundered Prizes → Sell 600 of any Trading Company items while flying the Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Fearless Reaper → Sell 320 of any Trading Company items while flying a Grade 5 Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Master of Black Powder → Sell 10 Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels +20
- Greater Gunpowder for Gold → Sell 5 Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels to the Gold Hoarders. (time limited) +5
- More Munitions for the Mystics → Sell 5 Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels to the Order of Souls. (time limited) +5
- Bigger Bang for your Buck → Sell 5 Stronghold Gunpowder Barrels to the Merchant Alliance. (time limited) +5
- Golden Benefactor → Complete all (45) Mermaid Gem and Black Powder sales quotas for the Gold Hoarders. (time limited) +15
- Mystic Benefactor → Complete all (45) Mermaid Gem and Black Powder sales quotas for the Order of Souls. (time limited) +15
- Merchant Benefactor → Complete all (45) Mermaid Gem and Black Powder sales quotas for the Merchant Alliance. (time limited) +15
Pirate Chat[edit | edit source]
Here is the Pirate Chat Wheel of the Barrel: