Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Player Crews acquire a Tale Book once they have successfully voted on a Tall Tale at the Tale Book's location. When a player has reached a Tall Tale Checkpoint, they can put it up for a vote on the Voyage Table instead. Once acquired, any Tale Book can be equipped and read from the Map Radial Menu, viewed with the Primary Use button (/) and showed with Secondary Use (/). When looking closely at the Tale Book with Primary Use it's pages can be turned (Previous Page:Q/ ; Next Page:E/). A Tall Tale can be voted to be cancelled at the Voyage Table of the Ship.
Tale Book locations are marked on the Map Table with dark icons above their Locations. These Map Markers can be interacted with when zoomed in. The locations of the votable Tale Books can also be found by going to the Tall Tales page in the Reputation Menu and pressing the More Info Button (2/) when hovering over the Tales.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Players can have one Tall Tale and one Voyage active on the Voyage Table at the same time.
- Tale Books always take priority on the Map Radial, appearing as the first Quest
- Aside from context, most Tale Books provide the Crew with cryptic clues or puzzles on how to progress the Tall Tale.
- In most Tall Tales, additional Pages can either be found in the world or gained by NPCs or defeated Enemies. When stuck at a Tall Tale, make sure to check whether you received any additional pages.
- Aside from Tale Books, players can acquire active Quest Items during some Tall Tales that act like special Equipment Items and can also be accessed from the Map Radial Menu.
Pirate Chat Wheel[edit | edit source]
Here is the Pirate Chat Wheel for every Tale Book: