|This article is a stub. You can help Sea of Thieves Wiki by .|
This article contains information that may ruin your enjoyment of discovering the game's secrets for yourself. Read at your own risk!
|The Fate of the Morningstar|
|Story arc||Shores of Gold|
|← Previous||Next →|
|The Art of the Trickster||Revenge of the Morningstar|
The Fate of the Morningstar is the seventh Tall Tale in the Shores of Gold arc. It is acquired from the Ferryman on the Ferry of the Damned. The tale is unlocked after completing The Legendary Storyteller, Stars of a Thief, Wild Rose and The Art of the Trickster.
The Walkthrough for this Tall Tale is incomplete. Until we provide the complete version, head on over to the Rarethief Walkthrough of this Tale.
Vast is the chasm between the seas you sail and my domain. And yet, across the void, I have been watching you.
The young lovers you freed... Their souls are together now, at peace where I may not follow. And yet, others still linger beyond my reach.
The curse that binds them continues to spread like a plague, driven by the desires of a dark and twisted mind.
If it is not ended, calamity shall surely consume the Sea of Thieves.
In life, I was entrusted with a great treasure, one that lifts the veil which hides the spirit world from living eyes.
So precious was this artefact, it came with me to my grave.
I am naught by bones and dust, and now you too must sink into the dirt, and the worms, and the blood of a forgotten past. Steel your nerve...
Within this Book of the Dead, I chronicle those damned spirits who linger, trapped in the living world.
Use its writings to claim my treasure and put those lost souls to rest.
Now go! First, seek my sarcophagus, for my greatest treasure still lies within.
The Ferryman wrote about how he died on an island in The Wilds, entombed and buried at its highest peak. The Enchanted Lantern he held will illuminate visions of past demises and footprints connecting them, such as his time on the island. Head to the next island named in the Ferryman's book to recover the lost souls of the crew of the Morningstar.
Fragments of the Past
The skeleton lord Graymarrow pursued the Morningstar for their Shroudbreaker stone, binding the souls of the crew to buried chests to which the keys have been hidden away. The lantern will show moments of the event that are tracked by footprints that diverge across the island. Be vigilant for any changes to the paths, they may reappear after some distance in the last direction trekked.
Once each crew member was slain, the skeletons looted their soul into a chest and traveled across the island to hide the chest and key.
Return to the Ferryman once all the souls have been released from their chests.
You've returned my lantern and proven your mettle by freeing the spirits, but your fate is still tied to the Morningstar. Not only her crew, but to the vessel herself.
The evil behind these curses is a powerful Skeleton Lord named Graymarrow, who seeks to claim the Shores of Gold for himself.
He binds those who oppose him so that they may never return aboard my ferry and avenge themselves upon him.
To find this Graymarrow, speak with the shipwright at Dagger Tooth. She knows the whereabouts of the Morningstar, and hold secrets of her own...
Ghost Hunter's Journals
A Ghost Watch
(The white flagpost, South Old Faithful Isle)
Still No Luck
(Highest peak, Old Faithful Isle)
The fright of my life
(Kraken remains, West Ridge, Old Faithful Isle)
Hunting by bones
(Skull pile, Southwest Old Faithful Isle)
(Platform above tunnel, East Old Faithful Isle)
|The Fate of the Morningstar|
|Treasure of the Damned||Discover the Ferryman's Greatest Treasure||–|
|Fate of Fontaine||Set Fontaine Free||–|
|Fate of Eli Slate||Set Eli Slate Free||–|
|Fate of Dinger||Set Dinger Free||–|
|The Fate of the Morningstar||Complete 'The Fate of the Morningstar'||Morningstar Flag|
|Ghost Stories||Discover all of Ghost Hunter's Journals||–|
|Deed of the Dead||Legendary Commendation: Complete the Tale (5 times)||–|
|The Unbroken Bond||Legendary Commendation: Complete all commendations for 'The Fate of the Morningstar'||Morningstar Sails|
- The Fate of the Morningstar is the fastest Tall Tale in the game, with 5 playthroughs being possible to finish in under an hour. This can be accomplished on a Brig or Galleon by having 1 player remain on Old Faithful Isle (Preferably one who knows the location of each item) and the other 2-3 with the ship at Marauder's Arch.
- Have the 2-3 players at Marauder's Arch activate the Tall Tale with the Ferryman and check to see if the quest island is Old Faithful Isle. If it isn't, restart the quest and try again.
- Upon getting Old Faithful Isle, have the 2-3 players at Marauder's Arch dig up the Ferryman's coffin to retrieve the Lantern.
- Once this is done, the player at Old Faithful Isle can complete the rest of the quest.
- Once finished at Old Faithful Isle, have a player at Marauder's Arch return to the Ferryman to complete the quest.
- Repeat as necessary.
- 2.0.3 (May 29, 2019)
- ‘Fate of the Morningstar’ – Upon reaching the first dig location, players will now be able to collect the enchanted item once it has been successfully dug up.
- 2.0.2 (May 23, 2019)
- ‘Fate of the Morningstar’ – Freed ghosts on the Ferry of the Damned will now play the correct idle animations.
- 2.0 (April 30, 2019)