The Pirate Code is a list of guidelines put together by Rare Ltd. to help keep the Sea of Thieves free of strife and grievance (beyond that stirred up in the course of a pirate's everyday activities). It has an emphasis on the bond between crew members and includes some basic moral codes.
Article #1: The Sea Calls to Us All
- Everyone is welcome on the Sea of Thieves regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality or creed.
Article #2: The Sea Unites Us as One Community
- Outside the heat of battle or piracy on the high seas, all crews shall bond together as a community of like-minded souls.
Article #3: Disputes Are Settled upon the Waves
- None shall quarrel or overly dissent against another crew, but let every engagement be settled by sword, pistol and good seamanship.
Article #4: All Crewmates are Equal
- Let each crewmate be respected as equal and free to follow their own bearing, speak openly and vote in affairs of the voyage.
Article #5: The Crew Bond is Sacred
- Those who betray their crew and ship through griefing or trolling shall be sent to the brig.
Article #6: Respect New Pirates and Their Voyage Ahead
- May the old legends help to forge new ones: treat new pirates with respect and share your knowledge.
Article #7: Those Who Cheat Shall Be Punished
- Pirates who show bad form and cheat their crew or others shall surely face bitter hardships and punishments.
Introduced at New York Comic Con 2017 by Joe Neate, the Pirate Code is a combined effort of created by Rare Ltd. and the Insiders to express their hopes of how players would treat one another.