Trade Good Crates
|Trade Good Crates|
Trade Good Crates are a type of Treasure that can be found all over Sea of Thieves. These Crates are presumably lost on the seas by Ships sailing under the mercantile Merchant Alliance Trading Company. As such, these Commodity Crates are valuable to the Senior Traders stationed at the Docks of every Outpost who are willing to offer Gold and Reputation for returning them. These Crates are not acquired through Merchant Voyages or Quests and are simply found through adventuring and sailing the seas.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
A Player can only carry one Crate at a time and cannot use any other items while carrying them. When dropped, Crates emit a white glint from far away, making them easier to spot. Crates will float to the top when dropped in Water, however they will start sinking to the bottom after some time has passed and disappear. Crates dropped on land or on shorelines will stay in-game for a long time. Untouched Crates will disappear when an Island respawns. Every Crate can be caught with a Ship's Harpoon.
Where to Find?[edit | edit source]
- Beached on Islands, excluding Forts, Outposts and Seaposts
- Found inside Shipwrecks
- Found among floating Barrels of Plenty
- Found on Skeleton Ships
- Eaten by Megalodon and the Kraken
- Found inside Skeleton Fort Vaults
- Ghostly Crates found on Ghost Ships
Emissary Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Any Player Crews sailing as Merchant Alliance Emissaries can receive Emissary Grade Reputation for picking up and putting Trade Good Crates on their Ship for the first time. This benefit is also applicable for Reaper's Bones Emissaries who gain Emissary Reputation for any Treasure that they steal. Selling Trade Good Crates to the two companies as Emissaries does not give Emissary Grade Reputation, however Players do receive Emissary Value, which is counted for the respective Company Emissary Ledger leaderboards. The higher the Crew's Emissary Grade, the more Gold, Reputation and Emissary Value they receive for selling Trade Good Crates.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Trade Good Crates can be cashed in to Merchant Alliance Senior Traders at any Outpost for Gold and Reputation with the Company. As stated before, Merchant Alliance Emissaries will also receive Emissary Value with the Merchants for selling the Crates while flying an Emissary Flag. Being an Emissary also increases the Gold and Reputation gains for selling Crates. Alternatively, Crews can choose to sell any acquired Crates to the Reaper's Bones Representative at The Reaper's Hideout instead for equal Gold and Emissary Value gains, but less Reputation gains with the Reapers.
The following is a table of the multiplicative Rewards for selling Trade Good Crates as Graded Emissaries.
|Emissary Grade||Rewards, Reputation & Emissary Value|
|Grade 1||Base Reward|
|Grade 2||+33% Base Reward|
|Grade 3||+67% Base Reward|
|Grade 4||+100% Base Reward|
|Grade 5||+150% Base Reward|
Most Trade Good Crates don't have any Commendations tied to them and therefore selling Crates does not serve any purpose aside from gaining Gold, Reputation and Emissary Value with Companies.
Most Trade Good Crates have a variable value with the minimum and maximum reported Gold rewards documented in the tables below.
Types of Trade Good Crates[edit | edit source]
There are various types of Trade Good Crates with varying Gold, Reputation and Emissary Values:
|Crate||Base Gold Reward||Base Emissary Value||Notes|
|Crate of Fine Sugar||100-200||540||This Crate has a white cover with a sugar bowl on it.|
|Crate of Rare Tea||260-470||1080||This Crate has a green cover with tea leaves on it.|
|Crate of Exotic Silks||500-1,000||2160||This Crate has a red cover with folded cloth on it.|
|Crate of Exquisite Spices||1,100-1,900||4320||This Crate has a dark cover with peppers on it.|
|Crate of Ancient Bone Dust||2,100-5,400||12960||This bone-covered dark Crate is found inside Skeleton Fort Vaults.|
|Ashes of the Damned||1,150-1,400||3840||This ghostly Crate can be found carried by Ghost Captain Ships in Ghost Fleet World Events.|
Devil's Roar Crates[edit | edit source]
These Trade Good Crates are more commonly found all around The Devil's Roar Region:
|Crate||Base Gold Reward||Base Emissary Value||Notes|
|Crate of Volcanic Stone||260-470||1080||This Crate has a singed white cover with a Volcano on it.|
|Crate of Fine Ore||500-1,000||2160||The Crate has a singed brown cover with a Pickaxe on it.|
|Crate of Extraordinary Minerals||1,100-1,900||4320||This Crate has a singed turquoise cover with Minerals on it.|
|Crate of Precious Gemstones||2,100-3,600||8640||This Crate has a singed red cover with Precious gems and metals on it.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike other Treasure that came out at release, Trade Good Crates have no Company specific Commendations, Voyages or Quests tied to them.
- There is an Athena's Treasure version of Trade Good Crates, called a Crate of Legendary Voyages that is not valuable to the Merchant Alliance.
Related Commendations[edit | edit source]
- Precious Commodities → Deliver 600 Merchant Alliance Consignments while flying the Merchant Alliance Emissary Flag.
- Prestigious Merchant → Deliver 320 Merchant Alliance Consignments while flying a Grade 5 Merchant Alliance Emissary Flag.
- Cargo Captured → Deliver 480 Merchant Alliance Consignments to the Reaper's Bones
- Plundered Prizes → Sell 600 of any Trading Company items while flying the Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Fearless Reaper → Sell 320 of any Trading Company items while flying a Grade 5 Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Master of Ancient Bone Dust → Sell 10 Crates of Ancient Bone Dust | +20
- Reapers Tribute of Silk → Deliver 20 Crates of Exotic Silk to The Reaper's Hideout. | +25