Usage[edit | edit source]
Using a Wood Plank to repair a Ship's Hull, Mast, Capstan and Wheel is done with the
Primary Use key. Ships mainly take damage from crashing, Cannonball fire, Kraken or Megalodon attacks, or Gunpowder Barrel explosions. When the Hull receives damage, a hole is made, ranging from small to large depending on the severity of the damage. The larger the hole, the longer it takes to plank. In the case of the other ship elements, they will take from 1 to 4 points of damage, each point requiring a single plank to repair. The Capstan can lose up to 3 of its pins depending on the size, allowing less people to raise the Anchor. The Wheel can sustain up to 4 pins of damage, lowering the turning speed. Finally, the Masts can sustain up to 3 cracks of damage, breaking completely and falling down if not repaired.
Where to find[edit | edit source]
- Player Ships start with a stock of 15 Wooden Planks in its Wood Barrel.
- Wood Crates (containing 50 Planks) can be bought from the Merchant Alliance for 3,500 .
- Wooden Planks can be gathered from Barrels found in the the world.
- Can be randomly found beached on the shorelines of islands.
- There is a low chance to catch a Wooden Plank with a Fishing Rod.
Storage[edit | edit source]
- Up to 5 Wooden Planks can be held in a player's inventory at one time.
- Up to 100 Wooden Planks can be stored in one Barrel space at one time. The Ship's Wood Barrel can carry up to 3 pages worth or 4800 Planks.
- Up to 20 Wooden Planks can be stored in one storage space of the Rowboat Chest, allowing for a maximum of 2 pages worth, or 640 Planks.
- As of the Anniversary Update, there is a rare chance to catch a Wooden Plank with a Fishing Rod when no Bait is used.
In-game description[edit | edit source]
Some trees were harmed in the making of these wooden planks.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Can be used to fix damage on another Crew's Ship, and also Skeleton Ships.
- While it is possible to patch any holes in an already sunk or scuttled ship, the holes will immediately blow open again.
- The hammering sound while repairing may be muted by pressing
Secondary Useduring a repair.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A Woooden Plank found while fishing.